1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang,

I've started the graphic for the nav screen. I took a little artistic liberties and decided to have fun with it. What do you think? :)

NavMon.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Is it okay if I steal this to use on a display for my desk????

Hi Gang,

Things are in kind of stand still. I'm waiting for several parts to arrive to include AC adapters and glass domes and a few other goodies... Sorry grrrrr

Hi Gang,

I've done a little work on the monitor surround. I popped all the wooden pieces off and will replace will actual radio knobs. I also created an area in the back to slip different screen configurations/images. I decided against backlighting and instead thought the idea to just change the screen worked just as well.

Rear view
20121013_124204.jpg

You can see where the screen would slide in place
20121013_124216.jpg

20121013_124237.jpg

20121013_124032.jpg

I just gave it a light layer of texture. When that dries I will lightly sand and then blast a few coats of flat black or metallic - not sure yet...

Stand By

Last edited:

wow! this is one hell of a project and one to keep an eye on. hats off to you for even trying a project this size.. best of luck dude! :)

Looks good! Still need to lose the drop shadows on the graphic though, they're bugging the hell out of me! :lol

Looks good! Still need to lose the drop shadows on the graphic though, they're bugging the hell out of me! :lol

LOL! I have to reprint them anyway. I kinda like them but I'll make a print of both and do a side-by-side comparo. :)

Hi Gang,

I checked the mail this morning and the new dome glass lenses arrived. I will be replacing the "reflectors" I found at the local improvement store with the lenses. I'm hoping this will help the overall look and feel of the console dome panel lights - pics coming

Question: What is the best way to adhere clear glass to metal? I would like to find an adhesive that dries clear and will not show any discoloration or adhesive build up.

Ideas?

I have that exact glue now and it leaves a thick residue/build up. It's great stuff but just not right for this application. I was thinking Elmers White?????

Are you wiping off the excess after mating the two surfaces?
This stuff is used in jewellery making and bead craft, so should be ok. The trick is to only apply a small amount.
I normally wipe off the excess with a baby wipe. Works for me.

Last edited:

I do wipe the excess. I'm concerned with the two pieces mating and creating a pressure spot of adhesive that might ruin the "frost".

BTW - baby wipes are a wonderful thing! :)

Hi Gang,

Minor Updates! I sanded down the dome lenses with 220 grit and then began layering the stainglass and frost paint...

20121016_180952.jpg

20121016_181010.jpg

20121016_181027.jpg

20121016_181017.jpg

20121016_181202.jpg

More to come!

Hi Gang...

Using the "Stain Glass Window" paint is a LONG process... I have to wait 3 hours between coats or the paint will bubble up. But the results are truly amazing! :)

I figure another 4-7 coats to get that deep colored lens feel to the original

Just seconds after another coat
20121017_171314.jpg

20121017_171247.jpg

Also laid a final clear coat on the door stoppers/bevels
20121017_171409.jpg

More to come!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back