1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hey,

I recently did a sketchup photomatch study of the Mitchell Matte Box. Still can't be sure of the scale unless someone can measure one for us, but if you're rebuilding it, I could draw up some schematics for you. Let me know.

Hey,

I recently did a sketchup photomatch study of the Mitchell Matte Box. Still can't be sure of the scale unless someone can measure one for us, but if you're rebuilding it, I could draw up some schematics for you. Let me know.

PLEASE DO! Thank you! :)

Got a screen grab to compare it to? It does look a little big.

I do have several screen shots but Starkiller was nice enough to offer me a 3D image with all the dimensions :) When I first installed Google SketchUp there must have been an error during the install because all the dimensions were messed up and showing different lengths each time. I uninstalled / reinstalled and that seem to fix the problem.

However, I'm a little concerned with the overall console dimensions but so far they seem ok. And, this is just a static version not the final illuminated version that will be going into Chris Lee's MF.

When I remake the matte box I'll go ahead and make 2 - easier to just knock them both out. :)

Hey,

I was in touch with a gentleman who said he had a Mitchell Matte box somewhere in his store room. He said he would get those dimensions to me - that about 4 months ago... I don't think I'll hear from him.

Here's the link:
Vintage Movie Cameras and Collectibles

Matte Box Link:
Movie Camera Tripods and Support

Hi Gang,

Before I purchase a new one or attempt to replicate the part... I was wondering if anybody had an extra "Door Closer Arm Shoe" assembly they would be willing to part with? It is the piece (3 parts) at the top of the below image.

Thanks!

IMAG0596.jpg

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

I was able to secure one more door closer arm shoe - of course I'm going to need 4 more in the very near future but at least the new throttle housing will be near finished. I'm hoping to have the basic set up done this weekend.

IMAG0596.jpg

Thanks Canobi, I need to catch up on the last year's worth of 'resin technology' and maybe get my hands a tad grubby in the near future so may give EasyFlo120 a go. Cheers.

wouah! fantastic work congratulations very very nice

best

C.

Hi Caplan,

Thank you very much! :) Things are moving along at a snails pace right now. I'm waiting for a few things to arrive for the LEDs and the throttles. But should be picking up the pace very soon. Thanks again.

UPDATES!

I've been working on the throttle housing and surrounding greeblies...

Adding paint and clear coat
IMAG0760-1.jpg

Cut the hole in the housing to accept the two other throttle pistons
IMAG0761-1.jpg

Added some bolts to bulk up the greeblie
IMAG0762-1.jpg

IMAG0763-1.jpg

Slowly coming together
IMAG0764-1.jpg

IMAG0765-1.jpg

The bolts go through the MDF so there is no need to adhere the greeblies - they just bolt into place...
IMAG0766.jpg

More to come

Things are moving along at a snails pace right now. I'm waiting for a few things to arrive for the LEDs and the throttles. But should be picking up the pace very soon. Thanks again.

Lol. It's painful every time I see there's a new post in this thread I rush over to see new progress! :lol

Minor update...

IMAG0768-1.jpg

IMAG0767.jpg

Still waiting for the parts to arrive - they're supposed to be here today... grrrr

Last edited:

It's my first post in the community after being suscribed long ago, and I was sent here by a friend who knows how much I love Star Wars just to watch your work. It's damn good what you are doing, I have to say it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back