1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I didn't mould the entire switch, just the threaded neck and paddle as I thought you could just glue them on top of whatever panel they will go on.

It seems a wast to make casts of the entire switch just to have most of it hidden underneath a panel, and I'll be able to make twice as many :thumbsup

If you want a whole switch, just let me know and I'll make it happen ;)

That's even better! That makes it MUCH easier to mount - especially being a static piece! BRILLIANT! With that said... I'll need 856. ;)

It looks amazing my friend! I'm jealous I'm not able to keep working as you are. Great job, you sir are an inspiration!!!

Thank you, Sir! I was really hoping to have more time this long holiday weekend but it's been raining... grrrrrr... I should have SOMETHING finished by days end.... I BETTER! LOL

Hi J,

Thanks for the kind words! I get that feeling too! Especially after having found those LEDs!

Those are great, Sofa. I want to pick up some myself.

I saw your video of them in action. If I might suggest an idea: the whole row blinking at once may be more than you want. What I have done is bought (3-4) strings and sporatically installed about (10) lights of one package as ON (static). The other strings I weaved in here and there and set to BLINK.

Setting them all to BLINK, they will all eventually line-up time wise and shut off all at once leaving your panel blank sometimes. By leaving some static ON, you will not run into this and if you do, the statics fool the viewer when the other strings time-out together on occassion. Something will always still be lit in other words. And the patterns you get are cool.

Hope that helps.

;-)
Jon

Hi Gang,

It has been storming ALL weekend and I just wasn't able to get as much done as I would have liked. However... I have two sets of throttle greeblies to choose from. They are still work in progress...

Opinions?
IMAG0667-1.jpg

I also put the first layer of paint on the new throttle housing...
IMAG0669-1.jpg

More to come

Those are great, Sofa. I want to pick up some myself.

I saw your video of them in action. If I might suggest an idea: the whole row blinking at once may be more than you want. What I have done is bought (3-4) strings and sporatically installed about (10) lights of one package as ON (static). The other strings I weaved in here and there and set to BLINK.

Setting them all to BLINK, they will all eventually line-up time wise and shut off all at once leaving your panel blank sometimes. By leaving some static ON, you will not run into this and if you do, the statics fool the viewer when the other strings time-out together on occassion. Something will always still be lit in other words. And the patterns you get are cool.

Hope that helps.

;-)
Jon

Hi J,

I found them at Hobby Lobby. I'm sure you could go online and get some better ones. :)

The ultimate plan is to solder them to a plug and then into a light controller that has various settings ie: fade, dim, blink, random flash, etc... The random flash option would work really well with the instrument cluster and overall cockpit layout.

Its still a work in progress but thank you for input! :) I really appreciate any and all ideas you guys have to offer.

Stay Tuned

QUICK DESIGN IDEA:

I'm leaning toward the larger greeblie...

IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0670-1.jpg

IMAG0676-1.jpg

Neither one is finished and they still need to be painted... but I think the larger greeblie looks better. Also, I plan to cut holes into the throttle housing in the same places there are openings in the greeblies - this should add depth. Two throttle pistons will mount at the top openings and the other pistons in between the two greeblies...

Hope you're not too confused... I know I am...

Last edited:

That's even better! That makes it MUCH easier to mount - especially being a static piece! BRILLIANT! With that said... I'll need 856. ;)

856 :eek .......only kidding :lol however many you need buddy :thumbsup

I won't be able to make a multi mould for them though as it turns out to be impracticle due to the threads and the tapering of the paddle at the base.

The only way to speed things up would be to make several small ones for each item. I'll make two of each to start with, and see how much of your silicone is left.

I think we will need to reorder some black resin, I don't think the 1kg kit I have is gonna do 856 paddle switches :lol, it'll be interesting to see how many I do get out of 1kg though.

856 :eek .......only kidding :lol however many you need buddy :thumbsup

I won't be able to make a multi mould for them though as it turns out to be impracticle due to the threads and the tapering of the paddle at the base.

The only way to speed things up would be to make several small ones for each item. I'll make two of each to start with, and see how much of your silicone is left.

I think we will need to reorder some black resin, I don't think the 1kg kit I have is gonna do 856 paddle switches :lol, it'll be interesting to see how many I do get out of 1kg though.

LOL - I was only kidding about the 856... I did get the working 3D model of the cockpit so i can add up the number of switches if you would like? I dont think you'll like how many I'll need. If I remember... it's around 350+????

I can't tell you much I appreciate you're tackling this effort! Thanks again!

Just let me know how much you'll need and I'll forward. :)

Thanks again!

I just spent a couple of hours reading through this thread and I have to say your dedication to this project is pretty amazing! Keep up the great work!!

Later...T

Hi Gang...

I need everybody to put their thinking caps on. Chris T forwarded this GREAT image of the throttle greeblie I've been attempting to "recreate". The same piece used on the throttle housing and on the cockpit window frame was also used on top of the "FX-7" medical droid . There is a part number on the side. I looked on Google with no luck.

Does anybody have ANY idea what this piece is? It appears to be a cast aluminum part...

throttlegreeblie.jpg

Somebody has to know what this piece is? :) I hope...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back