1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - VIDEO on Page 18!!!

Hey also, isn't that C-3P0's antenna on the left side of the console?
(below the chip sockets)

I believe that's C-3PO's elbow detail on the lower left.
Next to the circuit board is one of the details from C-3PO's belly rods.

Took a ride today in the speeder...FREAKIN" Amazing!!! This thing reeeeally moves... Great work so far Wayne.:thumbsup

Cool to see the burner can put to another use!

Scott

Last edited:

Got over a major hurdle this weekend. I had to remake the nose cones and rear thrusters almost from scratch. They were a little too small... so I had to build them up with bondo and then remold them. I officially hate gelcoat and fiberglass...oh yeah, resin too :$

Got them on though and it's coming together nicely. Also worked on the exposed engine a little.

I hope to get the grills on this weekend. They're a little more tricky than I thought.

bondo-1.jpg

molds.jpg

primer.jpg

back.jpg

backrear.jpg

front.jpg

exposed.jpg

Freakin' AMAZING! :eek

All this stuff you're doing almost makes me want it back. :lol

Seriously man...I know this beast can be overwhelming at times, but you are doing a fabulous job finishing it out...Keep up the great work.

Jason

This is awsome!!! :) I haven't been on the board for a while and so its great to see something like this when getting back on the board.........I want one!!!! :)

Thanks Guy Vaderman for your kind words..

The greeblies are not very heavy, maybe 3 lbs each. There are three 1/4-20 theaded studs sticking out the back to mount to the speeder. The hardest part of the landspeeder build was moving the steering and footpedals to be a Right hand drive. The next hardest was moving the battery's and electronics box to be under the rear deck of the T-34. It has six full size six volt batteries, which are even taller than a 12v car battery. Tight Fit !!!!!

It was really a fun project to work on !

James in Texas

Last edited:

A little off topic... There is a cool little ornament out from Hallmark right now of the landspeeder... Get them before they sell out (like the darn Robby ones did - D'oh!)
Great timing for your holidays Wayne!

Last edited:

unbelievable !

I wish it´ll be legal to drive this "vehicle" on german streets...that´ll be cool :lol

Every police-officer will be next to a heart-attack...

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - update 9/19/09

Got one side of the grills done today...paint, measure, cut, sand and repeat a thousand times!!!! :lol

I'll tackle the other side tomorrow.

prepaint.jpg

afterpaint.jpg

frontgrill.jpg

frontside.jpg

doweldetail.jpg

siderear.jpg

reardowel.jpg

Got the passenger side grills done. Same drill.

I'll finish up the exposed engine next week. It's starting to look like a speeder :thumbsup

juststarting.jpg

frontview.jpg

passengerside.jpg

cutout.jpg

Having just found this thread, Wow firstly comes to mind!

I just wanted to jump right in with a little know factiod about the speeder that maybe of help. The original 'model' was built in the UK at a place called Ogle Design. My dad worked there in the mid 80's (too late for me to see any of the fun movie stuff) and he said that they had build some of the props for Star Wars (Landspeeder, Y-Wing, Moisture Vaporators) and Empire (Snowspeeders). One day when I was there and happen to be seeing some of their archives and I saw pictures of the speeder and Y-Wing under construction and in the finished form that they were delivered in. Basically they were sent to the stages in white primer. It's been awhile but the speeder I think had bright red seats and a full dome (don't quote me on that, it was a LONG time ago) It was also built very clean and looked new from the paint shop. I commented on that and they said how shocked and saddened they where when they saw the film with it was all beat up and weathered. They had spent MANY hours/days making it all clean and perfect and could have saved a massive amount of work had they known it was going to look they way it did. Anyway, I don't know if it's of use, I don't know if the pictures even still exist but as some point in a filing cabnet there was a whole bunch of photos. Ogle is still very much around, I'm not sure if they would even be open to an email but it's worth a shot.
http://www.ogle-design.co.uk/

I do have one thing from them but it's very buried in storage, thousands of miles away right now. It's a small promo poster they sent out to some clients and it does have a couple of the pictures on it, one day I'll scan it and post.

L

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back