1:1 "Freeborn" YODA (THE ULTIMATE GOAL) R.I.P STUART FREEBORN

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HERES the latest update.. 5 August 2011

v3aandbcomp.jpg

Hi Guys,

I finally got some time to myself to do a days work on this ESB Yoda sculpt... My third attempt. I put the sculpt to one side a about a year while I concentrated on other projects knowing there was something in the back of my mind that I knew was the key to unlock the true geometery of Freeborns Yoda. I believe at this stage I've hit that goal FINALLY understanding why Yoda looks the way he does... Kind cute yet creepy yet wise but fundimentally a portrait likeness very much like any other regular human likeness... If you get anything wrong it won't be THE Yoda but a close relative. This project is aimed at acheiving the ultimate likeness of this character COME WHAT MAY!

Anyway here are the updates but please be aware I've completely restructured the face and this is in no way complete. :love

yodamkiii1.jpg

yodamkiii2.jpg

yodamkiii3.jpg

Phil

Last edited:
Re: New new new 1:1 ESB....YODA....(wip)

Phil, you just keep raising the bar, dont think it can go much higher, this will be the ultimate yoda sculpt

I like this new direction much better, especially the mouth which looks nailed this time around and IMO seems to be the problem area with the all of the sculpts out there. (not implying that they arent great ;)) :thumbsup

oh wow, i just replied in Howards thread and it´s getting better and better...
i love the new sculpt, Phil! :love:thumbsup

I believe you are now creating the spirit of Frank Oz manipulating the Yoda puppet, instead of just a likeness. What was always kinda missing was the Oz element, imo.

You are raising the bar with every new thing you show - even when it is a return character - makes me sit here in awe.

That looks awesome!

I'm going to need a new head before I even get started on my Yoda puppet.

-Mike

Thanks guys....

I'm fired up now to get this done as soon as - I recon I now have the measure of this piece... it has to look right from ALL angles and I'm not seeing many features that need altering at the moment.

Phil

Man, I can't wait to see the final product. Looking good. May end up replacing your other head I own.

-Joe

That is very nice. Even though it is a sculpture it has a real life quality to it. I am loving it.

Hi Guys,

I finally got some time to myself to do a days work on this ESB Yoda sculpt... My third attempt. I put the sculpt to one side a about a year while I concentrated on other projects knowing there was something in the back of my mind that I knew was the key to unlock the true geometery of Freeborns Yoda. I believe at this stage I've hit that goal FINALLY understanding why Yoda looks the way he does... Kind cute yet creepy yet wise but fundimentally a portrait likeness very much like any other regular human likeness... If you get anything wrong it won't be THE Yoda but a close relative. This project is aimed at acheiving the ultimate likeness of this character COME WHAT MAY!

Phil

I love your description of the "journey"- This is so fascinating yet so telling.

Heres a couple of other angles... Like I said earlier this is at a pretty rough stage at the moment but at least it shows I'm on the right track with its general form. Its also quite a different beast from my previous version.

yodamkiii4.jpg

yodamkiii5.jpg

Phil

Def. have to concur the mouth is excellent. I love the creases in particular and the downward pull at the corners. Really is perfect. Also love the little crinkle in the chin.

You seem really charged up lately and your work is showing that energy. Great job on yet another showcasing of your talent.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back