1:1 E.T. Statue In The Works (Update Pics Pg 7)

Re: 1:1 E.T. Statue In The Works (Update Pics Pg 4)

I like it. I especially like the ET photo's in the background the eyes are hilarious like ET is back in the beer again.

Are you hand sculpting the skin details, or are you using texture stamps?

Either way, it's very convincing. Nicely done!

As with all your work...

This is gonna be awesome! (y)thumbsup

Thanks folks!

Are you hand sculpting the skin details, or are you using texture stamps?

Either way, it's very convincing. Nicely done!

I couldn't even though I would have loved to with all the area I have to cover... I have about 20 hours in texture alone :( The shapes of the texture on E.T. go from round, square, triangular, diamonds... and so on, the shapes are constantly changing making him organic and somewhat Alien ;) The clay I use is also to hard to take a good stamp impression.

So for the most part... stamps can never get it to look perfectly organic... you can always use a base stamp, but you'd have to go over it t make it look real anyhow?

H

www.howardsstudios.com

Thanks folks!

I couldn't even though I would have loved to with all the area I have to cover... I have about 20 hours in texture alone :( The shapes of the texture on E.T. go from round, square, triangular, diamonds... and so on, the shapes are constantly changing making him organic and somewhat Alien ;) The clay I use is also to hard to take a good stamp impression.

So for the most part... stamps can never get it to look perfectly organic... you can always use a base stamp, but you'd have to go over it t make it look real anyhow?

H

www.howardsstudios.com

This sculpt looks fantastic.. I'm not a fan of stamps so I'm really diggin the
hand done texturing.. Well Done

This piece looks excellent my friend. And like others have said, it would be cool to have a silicone finger with an light source inside, so it glows like on the movie. I am a fan of all of your 1/1 pieces. Bravo.

Re: 1:1 E.T. Statue In The Works

Fantastic work!!! Always loved the look of the fella, totally iconic! Looking forward to more photos of the progress.

Chris

How was the white underbody made? And are you applying a thin detail layer of clay over that to do the skin detail?

Looks good!

Thanks again folks ;)

This piece looks excellent my friend. And like others have said, it would be cool to have a silicone finger with an light source inside, so it glows like on the movie. I am a fan of all of your 1/1 pieces. Bravo.

Actually, I'm going to be casting these in a color tinted translucent resin, so lights will be added in his chest as well as the finger.

How was the white underbody made? And are you applying a thin detail layer of clay over that to do the skin detail?

Looks good!

Yes, the core is foam (see photos in first post). This is collaborative effort with a friend... he supplied the foam core and I'm adding clay and details to the final sculpt. I did have to add quite a bit of muscle and form to the core... it's basically acting as an armature.

H

www.howardsstudios.com

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back