1:1 DARTH MAUL BUST (GINO - Cyberman Project) !!!!

Re: 1:1 DARTH MAUL BUST (Revealed) !!!!

It sucks that a recaster got one!

I wonder how he did, though... considering I can't even get a reply to a PM from you. :confused

Phil, it sounds like this guy repects you a little more than myself, Mike Hill and Jesper. He doesn't even write me back, and he's sold hundreds of my Han Solos and Hellboys :( At least feel good in the fact that this guy says he has no plans to recast your Maul (even though I wouldn't believe him)... and even wrote you back. He has no regard for the ones he is selling...

I did notice one interesting thing from this guys post, he states that 'local pickup is welcome'... I visit So Cal often, I have friends and family there. I will be there next month, I'm thinking of dropping on over and picking up a few molds :angry

I'm still suggesting that you look up anyone from So Cal you sold to on the RPF Phil and see if you can at least narrow down a few possible members here, so we can at least get this guy banned?

On another note, I really suggest stopping dealing in resin/fiberglass all together, it's the only sure way of stopping these losers. I am only selling off a few castings I have from my shop days, it's silicone for me here on out!! And I'm sure in a few months they'll even figure out how to bootleg that too!

H

www.howardsstudios.com

Last edited:

You cannot claim intellectual property rights on what is an image or representation of a character from Star Wars. The horns make the difference. If it was just a Ray Park head, then it would be a question of whether you have any rights to Ray Park's image.

I could sculpt a head of Darth Vader and if it looks like Darth Vader I have no rights to it. I could sell copies, sure, but would have no legal basis for pursuing IP litigation. It doesn't matter if it is a droid head, TK helmet, or humanoid alien character. If it was Carrie Fisher's head, one couldn't conclude it was Princess Leia. But with the horns it is clearly a LFL character design of Darth Maul and not Ray Park, no matter how much work went into making it look like Ray Park.

This is a basic principle in IP law and I am surprised after all the discussion of IP law we've had on this forum that it still isn't fully grasped.

And why start a new thread on your response from Ebay? That's a stock reply they give, nothing special. And I agree with Exoray, you claim IP rights under penalty of perjury and LFL will have your rear in a sling.

Of course that doesn't take away from the issue of recasting...

JAW-DROPPING GORGEOUS!!! Your sculpting skills are INSANE!! Great Job!!

I did notice one interesting thing from this guys post, he states that 'local pickup is welcome'... I visit So Cal often, I have friends and family there. I will be there next month, I'm thinking of dropping on over and picking up a few molds :angry

Yeah, go and get those molds off him. Thats what i would do.
If you can't get the molds off him, punch him right in the mouth as hard as you can!

Keith.

I was lucky enough to get one of these from Cyberman, and use it as a drawing model in the art classes I teach. I Love it. In fact, I was just doing a demonstration sketch of it yesterday.

Thanks again for making it available.

JC

Thanks for that advise Howard, I really appreciate it... To be honest I'm not really into resin busts that much anyway...Just done the two to date with a few odd commissions which I'm not responsible for now as they paid me the Commissionng fee. I specilise in Miniatures and creatures. But this has just sealed it for me... like Gino said on the other thread on that subject... trust no one unless you know them well.

then
Phil, it sounds like this guy repects you a little more than myself, Mike Hill and Jesper. He doesn't even write me back, and he's sold hundreds of my Han Solos and Hellboys :( At least feel good in the fact that this guy says he has no plans to recast your Maul (even though I wouldn't believe him)... and even wrote you back. He has no regard for the ones he is selling...

I'm still suggesting that you look up anyone from So Cal you sold to on the RPF Phil and see if you can at least narrow down a few possible members here, so we can at least get this guy banned?

On another note, I really suggest stopping dealing in resin/fiberglass all together, it's the only sure way of stopping these losers. I am only selling off a few castings I have from my shop days, it's silicone for me here on out!! And I'm sure in a few months they'll even figure out how to bootleg that too!

H

www.howardsstudios.com

It would appear that this person has closed down that auction for some reason:rolleyes

Hey Cyberman-
Sorry to hear about the trouble with recasting- it makes me think twice about putting things out for sale- On a happier note, I have to ask, what medium did you sculpt the original in? FANTASTIC sculpt! I'd love to see pics of your custom tools, as well, if you don't mind! Do you have pics of other/past work?
Thanks!

Might inquire for this beautiful piece what paint type and colors were used? I'm likely going to be trying my hand at painting one myself and wanted to be sure I got the correct paint type at least as I've never done this before.

And if I have not done so before fantastic job to you both! This is ridiculously amazing.

cheers

I see you have the cloak down for the Emperor, now how bout for this guy....huh huh

:)

I see you have the cloak down for the Emperor, now how bout for this guy....huh huh

:)

Already got it. :thumbsup

maul_1.JPG

thumb2.jpg

thumb4.jpg

More about him here:

Star Wars Propaganda - darth maul - the phantom menace

I meant for the average schmuck to get his/her hands on :p

Last edited:

This is an utterly mind blowing sculpt. I have one in the works myself which I can't wait to see first hand.

Phil's sculptures are simply upper tier works of arts. Your finishing of these pieces have me green with envy Gino and it's a shame you guys parted ways.

I had one of these and sold it to the poster at the top of this page. I've never seen any updates and wonder what became of it...?

I had one of these and sold it to the poster at the top of this page. I've never seen any updates and wonder what became of it...?

Unfortunately it's with everything else I own, in storage! Trying to buy a house, and all this mess going on with the housing market has made the process take longer than it should have. But rest assured, it's been well taken care of and is one of my favorite pieces! I've got plans for making a display, but until it's done it will stay in a display case, when I get moved in that is.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back