007's new "skyfall" PPKS

So my grips have 1 screw each like the real thing the paint chipped off on its first use so I decided to clean it up using nail varnish remover and it looks like I have slightly melted the grip :-/ anyone know where to get replacements?

The obvious difference between a PPK and a PPK/S (US import approved model) is that the /S has the longer grip/extended magazine sticking out to comply with US law on pistol size requirement for imports which prohibited the original PPK.

Does this mean that someone steals his PPK and uses it against him perhaps? Hence the need for an ID safety mechanism.

Nick

I don't recall that happening in the film story. I think the finger print recognition technology was just built in the PPK by Q branch as a security measure to protect 007 and/or prevent anyone else using the weapon if he lost it in the field perhaps. In the UK (and in the Bond fictional franchise story) non-military personnel like Bond have to be 'licensed to kill' by the Home Office and the issue of firearms etc is a serious business, not like the US. Even our cops here have to ask permission to use lethal force with firearms from the Home Office in many situations. Special Forces (SAS) too if it's a domestic situation and not pre-authorised.

Thought this might be appreciated here. A friend in the industry gave me this unfinshed resin cast (3-D printed?) a few years back. I think it's a pull from the same mold used for the screen run dummys but I may be wrong on that (hence the parenthetical 3-D Printed?). I've been considering converting it into a proper build for awhile but it's been sitting on the backburner and I'm not sure my skill-set is up to doing it.

IMG_8820.JPG

Last edited:
Is your friend looking for any more friends?

I'd love to see the other side and a few other angles if you dont mind. I was working on a lighted version a while back, but its on the back burner at the moment.

Here's a video I put together for the circuitry:

I can post some more images definitely. Is there any more info on this particular model? And how they were made? I thought I saw that they were 3-D printed at the time and this has some features of that with the bridging around the trigger and in other small parts.

edit:
In fact, I'll just open a new thread with this and some more photos. Maybe gget a new conversation rolling to spark some interest.

Last edited:
If it doesn’t have a very faint serial number on the reverse side, and if cast in hard resin it’s a recast. PropShop did several before they went bust. As it is, it’s still very very rare and your COA is the detail on the reverse side which has never been broadcast in detail. It’s up to you if you want to post pictures of that detail, but I’d advise against it if you want it to retain the value as a valuable collectible. They change hands for four figure sums easily. The screen used light up ones were made of a different material and 3D printed as you summised. They also cast stunts in rubber and biscuit foam for holstered and pocketed versions. But certainly none in hard resin.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Is the bridging material that hasn't been cut away on the trigger something from casting? It looks more like a feature of 3-D printing to me. It's also there on the static hammer.
Also, just for clarification, Prop Shop did a 3-D print run or resin cast run?

Last edited:
F9A9E85E-5C77-4104-8BDC-F041C94AEF7B.jpeg

It was cast from a cleaned up 3D print, so all that is original. The stunts were cast from an original machined down PPK with 3D printed grips applied. More stunts were seen on screen than the 3D print. It was a stunt in the box during the National Gallery scene. The 3D printed light up was a blink and you’d miss it moment. They were too delicate.

It was cast from a cleaned up 3D print, so all that is original. The stunts were cast from an original machined down PPK with 3D printed grips applied. More stunts were seen on screen than the 3D print. It was a stunt in the box during the National Gallery scene. The 3D printed light up was a blink and you’d miss it moment. They were too delicate.

Perfect. Thanks for the info.

And not sure if yiou saw my edit so I'll post it here:

Also, just for clarification, Prop Shop did a 3-D print run or resin cast run?

PropShop made resin casts from a cleaned up 3D print. A few of these seem to have found their way into collections. They had no licence to produce them, and to sell them would be a legal quagmire both down to them being replica firearms, and also artistic rights etc. I don’t think any 3D prints they made survived as whole pieces due to their delicacy. I know the files still exist, but probably won’t see the light of day for the above reasons.

What you have is one of only around six made. Someone recast off one of those and did a run of around 4 more. There were no more than that. So as I said, although not production made, it is a very very rare piece that hails from the original 3D printed guns which are all trashed . So don’t break it if converting it. It’s quite valuable.

Hi everyone, sorry to unearth an older thread, but I've been looking into exactly what gun case was used for the skyfall PPK. So far, I have only been able to find this one, made by a company called Bulldog:

786984-Bulldog_Cases_Personal_Gun_Safe_Vault_Large_Black-BD1128.jpg

The issue I see with this one, is that the lock is a little too tall, and the edges are much more sharp than the one used in the film. Ive also found this one, also made by bulldog:

s-l500.jpg

Of course, the issue with this one is that the lock is not in the right spot, but the edges are much more accurate. Has this prop been discovered and correctly identified?

T
Hi everyone, sorry to unearth an older thread, but I've been looking into exactly what gun case was used for the skyfall PPK. So far, I have only been able to find this one, made by a company called Bulldog:

View attachment 1575102
The issue I see with this one, is that the lock is a little too tall, and the edges are much more sharp than the one used in the film. Ive also found this one, also made by bulldog:

View attachment 1575103

Of course, the issue with this one is that the lock is not in the right spot, but the edges are much more accurate. Has this prop been discovered and correctly identified?
It was neither of those. It’s an older model Bulldog box with the bulldog embossed on the lid. Actually used two boxes and took them completely apart and then used just the modified lids as the top and bottom, ground the bulldog off, filled the rough areas with car body filler and then added an interior lip/guide to the interior bottom. An old piano hinge replaced the old stock hinge and a lock from a sports type locker was used. It couldn’t lock as the bottom was sawn off for neatness. It was just for show. The whole thing was resprayed satin black. It kept on chipping on set so was constantly being topped up with a Sharpie around the front edges. That’s why Craig closes it really slowly in the final scene chosen, to stop the inner lip grinding on the top lid and wrecking the paint job. Again

Last edited:
T

It was neither of those. It’s an older model Bulldog box with the bulldog embossed on the lid. Actually used two boxes and took them completely apart and then used just the modified lids as the top and bottom, ground the bulldog off, filled the rough areas with car body filler and then added an interior lip/guide to the interior bottom. An old piano hinge replaced the old stock hinge and a lock from a sports type locker was used. It couldn’t lock as the bottom was sawn off for neatness. It was just for show. The whole thing was resprayed satin black. It kept on chipping on set so was constantly being topped up with a Sharpie around the front edges. That’s why Craig closes it really slowly in the final scene chosen, to stop the inner lip grinding on the top lid and wrecking the paint job. Again
Woah! Thank you so much for the intel that's really something. I just ordered one of those older ones from eBay after reading your post haha. Any tips on getting the foam inside to tightly fit to the weapon?

Yeah. No problem. Is was laser cut in plastizote.

Good luck on grinding the bulldog off the lid. That steel is bloody hard.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back