007's new "skyfall" PPKS

Back to the base gun.

The slide is definitely a PPK/s note the other areas of comparison.
More interesting is the frame. The PPK has a chamfer on the frame in front of the trigger that the PPK/s doesn't. Bond's gun doesn't have this, so the frame in theory is a PPK/s.

Back to the base gun.

The slide is definitely a PPK/s note the other areas of comparison.
More interesting is the frame. The PPK has a chamfer on the frame in front of the trigger that the PPK/s doesn't. Bond's gun doesn't have this, so the frame in theory is a PPK/s.

That chamfer was added on as a resculpt to a PPK body. Technically the PPK/s slide and the PPK slide are the same in that they are the same size and are interchangeable but they are stylistically different in that angular rear section. If you want to split hairs the PPK and PPK/s slides are the same but you can see where they differ visually and where the S&W PPK/s slide is the same as the one on the Bond gun.

Do you think I could make the mag more accurate the bottom section and I can't find the silencer for it looks like the best replica accessible in the UK cheers

also anyone know if i can remove the grips to attach ones with walther markings? am i wrong in thinking this is the original PPK so what connery used not from the craig era

P8110009.JPG
i just saw this in google images reminds me alot of the shape of the new gun

IIRC the original pic of him he was holding a HK P7M8 not the Walther P99

Nope, your confusing him with the girl holding the HK P9s. Dalton has only ever been photographed with the PPK and PP. No Bond has ever used the P7 except Gardner's literary version. Brosnan forced Dr Kaufmans own hand to fire his P7 into his head though.

affiche-tuer-n-est-pas-jouer-the-living-daylights-1987-1.jpg

Some updates on the progress of this project that is taxing my sanity. I could have machined 3 Man from UNCLE Carbines in the time it's taken me to get this far. I built a simple circuit to illuminate the LEDs when I'm wearing a finger ring that I turned on the lathe. When I grab the gun while wearing said ring, they light up. Someone else holds it and nada. Once I get the texturing laid down ill build up the smooth parts and sand. I really like the bond series, but wear is Q when I need him. I hope the photos upload ok.

I thought about a pressure switch, however it would work when anyone holds the gun. The way I choose to do this eliminates this. This was the easy part for me. These grips have been a major pain for me. I can machine parts with little problem, but trying to get these grips as close as I possibly can is way outside of my comfort zone. I should know in the next week if they will turn out ok or not.

I've got an Umarex BB gun that no longer works. I've been keeping it around just a misc. prop. At least with this I think I can take the other side of the grip off, but I'd have to see about making the new grips. Anyone making just the grips themselves?

The grip frame on these umarex guns always looked a bit long to me (obviously to take the CO2 bulb) I'd check a few measurements first.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back