“There and Back Again; A Mystery Chunk Tale”

Anyone have some pliers I can borrow? :D
chunks.jpg

When I'm not lightsabering, I restore and repair vintage guitar amplifiers. I use this same username across all forums, in case anyone wants to stalk me.

Anyway, I get in weird parts all the time, and I play the "parts game" with my wife - I hand her a random part, say "parts game," and asks what she thinks it is.

I got my mystery chunk piece in, handed it to her, and with zero hesitation she says "looks like a construction boot traction thingy." My mind was completely blown. "Yeah, my mom is obsessed with shoes so I've looked at tons of stuff. Why?"

<sigh>
Show her the Vader ROTJ stunt/MoM/DV6 stat!

Anyone have some pliers I can borrow? :DView attachment 1384008

I swear by these..
IMG_9434.jpg

When they were first found, everyone was saying how hard it was to extract them.

A lot of my friends were also injured.. got to the point they were just cutting up the soles

I can take 1 chunk out in 40 seconds with that tool..

I got it on film somewhere, trying to prove to my friends to buy this 4 dollar tool.

They literally pop right now and don’t damage the exterior of the chunk

You better be wearing a mask there Mr Wannawanga! I can’t have you getting sick on me! ;)
Haha the Zinc is no joke! Anyone have any advice for more effectively bending the tabs in for installation? I thoroughly heated it and the one side snapped on me the other day.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back