£20 mannequin - a few progress pics of my X-wing suit display

ob1al

Sr Member
Here are a few pics from a tutorial I posted over on TPZ: http://1.myfreebulletinboard.com/viewtopic...rdoftherin#4245

Basically, I wanted an inexpensive and quick way to display my Luke x-wing costume. I decided to scratchbuild a mannequin using PVC pipe, chicken wire, duck tape and padding. I bought some materials (for around twenty quid) and made a start today - Here are a few progress pics:

mannequin0063cw.jpg

mannequin0054ip.jpg

mannequin0086rz.jpg

mannequin0100zp.jpg

A lot more padding and tweaking later...

mannequin0276cg.jpg

mannequin0309se.jpg

mannequin0380hx.jpg

It's not quite finished - I need to improve the hands and the face shape a little bit - but I'm quite pleased with how he turned out. It's looking like Rebel Alliance corner over there, aside from the renegade Trooper helmet... :p

That looks great Al. I might try something similar for my Vader as Prowse-proportioned mannequins are hard to come by.

(By the way, where did you get the tall glass cabinet with the R2/3PO/trooper/remote inside? I NEED one of those.)

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

That's one of the Ikea Detolf cabinets mate - nice bits of kit and they only cost around £35 if I remember correctly, The lights cost a bit more though - an extra £12 I think.

A Prowse sixe mannequin would be very doable usingh this method. You might need a bit more chicken wire and foam to bulk him out. :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back