Korbanth 38" Super Star Destroyer model

Korbanth

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did a run of these fan created 38 inch SSD models a little while ago, and finally got my own personal model light up with fiberoptics by LEE FURRY...

This prompted a few more people to ask me about possibility of getting a kit, and the answer is, the master has been remolded and going to make a small run of these models...PM me for price and availability.

Also, I can give you Lee Furry's info, but dont know his price or timeframe to put fiberoptics into these kits, you can inquire, but he has a website that shows how he did it, he says its just time consuming is the most part

SSD2-2.jpg

SSD2-1.jpg

SSD2-3.jpg

SSD2-4.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Wow- hope it doesn't fall off that shelf!

Lee did a Startdestroyer for me from scratch a couple of years ago and it was great!

by the way, I have 4 units left for sale, at a special price for RPF members if anyone wants to get in on clean castings, first set of castings out of a 3rd and FRESH new mold...

Well, I wish I could take credit for its build and paint up job, but I hired a local model builder a few years back to make the master which was molded and perfect copies were made, and then Lee Furry did the build up and lighting of them for me, so this is my personal copy.

Now, my same model builder is prototyping a 6 foot long SSD model that will be build in sections with a light wood inner super structure and can imagine hanging that from the ceiling....this 6 foot STUDIO SCALE SSD model might be $900 or so, but just imagine the people who'd ask where it came from....no pics yet, but the upper and lower hulls are created in plexiglass for their basic shape for now, and just doing all the buildings for the upper structure, and making the engines in a machine shop to use as masters...it will be incredible...to behold.

Man, that looks phenomenal!

I'm a sucker for the engine glows myself. Especially when the shape of the ship allows for the soft light from it to spill...

Fantastic.

Any chance of posting the website showing the fiberoptics by LEE FURRY or providing his contact info?

Cheers

Archie

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back