Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Thanks Spartan. I have a couple threads on the RPF and a library of images on my Facebook page. There's a link at the bottom left of this post.

Chris, I'm making an effort to replicate every part that's on the filming model. I wasn't too strict on the equatorial wasteband but I think that I can let that area slide.

Looks great!!!

Wish I had the knowledge and skills to do this!!

Kenny

When I started this, I didn't have the skills or knowledge. However, if you have the dedication, the reference and the patience, then the rest will come. Try something small and ask questions, the people here and on the other forums are very helpful.

I came across this by looking for large scale SD models. Excellent work. Might even attempt something similar myself.
How's this build coming along?

I came across this by looking for large scale SD models. Excellent work. Might even attempt something similar myself.
How's this build coming along?

Thanks for the kind words ALDudley. This build, among others, have been placed on hold for the time being. Too many renovation projects on the home front right now. Hopefully I can get back to some model building soon.

On the second page, you have some shots with the top hull removed. What did you use on top of your frame to level it out? Some sort of clay?

On the second page, you have some shots with the top hull removed. What did you use on top of your frame to level it out? Some sort of clay?

IMG_4006.jpg

I had some inconsistencies with the wooden frame, so I layered some A+B Epoxy on the top & bottom of the frame. Then I leveled it with a square tube.

im new here too, and ive been going through alot of builds and i gotta say..........my jaw is on the floor! this is a work of art, seriously, someone get a mop to clean up my drool.

excellent work, this is beautiful.
cheers
bryan

omg, this looks amazing. i thoroughly enjoyed your FM MF build and am gonna follow this one too
im new here too, and ive been going through alot of builds and i gotta say..........my jaw is on the floor! this is a work of art, seriously, someone get a mop to clean up my drool.

excellent work, this is beautiful.
cheers
bryan
Fantastic build! Looking forward to more updates:cool

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll get some more pics up as soon as I have something to show.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back