Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer

Man i wish i could see this thing in person J, your updates just blow me away every time they come along!. It really is just an incredible replica dude, and the dome, wow, that dome, it really looks the deal to me!.
This is master modeling at it's best, that's for sure!.
:love

what did you draw this in ? do you have a 3d file ? i could cnc one in abs for you .if you dont have a file i could draw one for you

Last edited:

Man this is quite the undertaking. I know for sure I would never ever be able to finish this. Man... I just can't wait to see it all done.

I can't believe you thank us for looking! We should have to PAY to see such awesomeness!

Rob, all your comments are so important (as your good or neg feedbacks are). Sometimes I dont know why Im wasting so much money in buying kits because that's just plastic and I'm probably the only to enjoy her at home so sometimes Im at the point to think that all this stuff (I mean modeling in general) is totaly useless. And when Im read your comments it males me want to continue and finished this baby. I think you have the same feelings with your DS ;)

So thank you all ! First parts of the superstructures are cut but I have to redone all my drawing and have the parts cut again due to new refs which will allow me to get a 99.99% perfect replica (even the scribbed lines of the hull !).

I've enjoyed every one of your amazing build threads! Kudos to you! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I will show you the process of how I built a dome with one piece of styrene. Unfortunatly, it was not perfect so I will have to go with another way (3D printing ? Probably).
The answer is yes, but you would have to fill and sand each facet.
At least from my machine(I would look into stereo lithography). I'm sure there is something out there, and I'll bet there is somebody close to you that can help. But you will have to put out some money.

This thing is coming out fantastic.

Question for you. Not sure if it was in one of the thread pages but,

Are you building the whole 8 foot destroyer or just the bridge section.
Not sure if I missed it or not. Just curious as this is one awesome build.

Holy moly Julien! I stayed away from this thread to let it roll & you are just killing it. Very impressive work monsieur :eek

Julian, where did you find the space?
And do you still have your girlfriend?

I gonna move (with my fiancée :p) to a new bigger house !

Thanks you for your kind words !

Im a bit tired of drawing the plans (they're almost done finally !), so I played a bit with some parts to make this :

8ft116.jpg

8ft117.jpg

8ft118.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back