EFX TIE Interceptor

well the titaniums as cool as they were, were still "toys". I would think that there would be some legal wiggle room to make "replicas". Howeer i think that making them really affordable is where they would get in legal trouble... however a $300-$400 2footish line of capital ships is an awesome thing to dream of for sure!

I'd line up for them...

Jedi Dade

I didn't like Titaniums, I agree they were toys (toy like to be exact), and a child would have had problems trying to play with the Ultra Titaniums since they were glued on that base. I wouldn't mind if eFX will go into a line similar with Code 3.

Agreed a Code 3 type line without the accuracy problems would be awesome! To be fair I did think that their gunship, Slave 1 and AT-ST were pretty nice - even if they were not 100% faithful either...

Jedi Dade

I have the Code 3 scout walker and I am pretty happy with it. It looks nicer in person than pics I've seen of it. Are there any pics posted anywhere of the EFX Tie Intercepter prototype yet?

I don't think they are in the prototype stage yet. Still planning. This got started when they posted about their trip to the Archives to scan the original...

Jedi Dade

It is great news to find out that eFx will eventually do a Vader Tie. I was hoping that a SS of his ship would eventually be produced. It will go well with my collection.

I too am intrigued why the Interceptor was chosen OVER the standard Tie Fighter since they just finished Red-5. Didn't seem to be a consistent choice to me. It makes me wonder who was questioned as to what piece was wanted next? They stated they listened to the customers. Hmm...

It is great news to find out that eFx will eventually do a Vader Tie. I was hoping that a SS of his ship would eventually be produced. It will go well with my collection.

I too am intrigued why the Interceptor was chosen OVER the standard Tie Fighter since they just finished Red-5. Didn't seem to be a consistent choice to me. It makes me wonder who was questioned as to what piece was wanted next? They stated they listened to the customers. Hmm...

I'm pretty sure that eFX said recently that they would only do SS items which they could do a full scan of in the archives at the given time. They said they will do a standard but I think they said it was out on tour right now and there was currently an Interceptor in the archives available for scanning.

I'm still surprised they didn't try to do a standard TIE or Vader's first

Me too.

Maybe they were considering the fact the both TIE Fighter or Vader's TIE are a must have for a collector. TIE Interceptor on the other hand is cool, but not as iconic as the 2 other fighters (we already got the Icons TIE Fighter and Code 3 Vader's TIE - even if Code 3 was not really studio scale). And now with the crisis they have to choose the items carefully. I'm sure they'll make them in the future

Or maybe they only had access to a TIE Interceptor as they said... ;)

So, check this out. Last week, I'm up in Pasadena (Ca., not Tx.) grabbing a bite to eat. I'm walking by a Bang and Olufsun store on Green street (on the western edge of "Old Town", one block south of Colorado Blvd) and notice a Stormtrooper helmet in a window display. Naturally, something like that stops me in my tracks and I notice that the whole display is dedicated to EFX's stuff -

attachment.php

attachment.php

It appears that the TIE ships are the prototypes that they had at ComicCon last year. The standard TIE had the window frame removed and you could see their TIE pilot figure (as best you could at night).

I don't know how long this has been up there, or if this has been discussed before, but I thought it was a little weird to be walking down a side street in Pasadena and run into this stuff.

Bryan, Barry - any info you want to chime in with?

Gene

Holy moly, that TIE Fighter is huge. Where I'm going to put it if buy it? :confused

Yes Studio Scale the same exact size as the kits offered, unless they scaled up some parts like they did on the EFX X-wing.

GFollano

I may be nearing my patience with waiting for eFX to announce this, can anybody recommend someone who can just build one of these?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back