STUDIO SCALE 3D PRINTED TIE FIGHTER AND TIE INTERCEPTOR

I gave the pilots a thick coat of Rust-Oleum Flat Gray Primer today.

IMG_1346.jpeg

I will let them dry for a few days then give them a good sanding to clean things up.
IMG_1345.jpeg

More to come soon. Thank you for looking.

it Is tempting, i Think I need an anonymous account for just these types of things. I only need the front grill, top hatch, engine cover and the ball greeblies. Oh, and a pilot! Is there a 1/24th scale tie pilot?

it Is tempting, i Think I need an anonymous account for just these types of things. I only need the front grill, top hatch, engine cover and the ball greeblies. Oh, and a pilot! Is there a 1/24th scale tie pilot?
Hello Vaderman;
As far as I can tell, the pilot appears to be 1/24 scale. Here is a photograph of them all cleaned up and primed with a ruler for size.
IMG_1388.jpeg

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
I gave the pilots a finish coat of Rust-Oleum Flat Protective Enamel, Flat Black paint. I also installed a brass pin in the bottom of the pilots to help secure them in the cockpit.
IMG_1573.jpeg

Then I drilled a hole from the bottom of the cockpit to accept the brass pin.
IMG_1567.jpeg

The pilots are secured in the cockpit with a snug friction fit and I can remove them if necessary.
IMG_1574.jpeg

more to come soon as I play catch up with the Interceptor. Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread. Really top quality prints! These must have been expensive but very worth it!!! Kits are looking great! (y) :cool:

I did a little work on the Tie Fighter today. I painted the cockpit with Rust-Oleum Flat Protective Enamel, Flat Black paint.
IMG_1605.jpeg

Then I painted the front cockpit frame with Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover, Flat Gray Primer.
IMG_1607.jpeg

I removed the mask and feathered everything together.
IMG_1612.jpeg

More to come soon.
IMG_1613.jpeg

Thank you for looking.

Hello all, I have a quick update to share.
Because there is a big window in the back of the fuselage as well as on the top hatch, I considered fabricating some baffling inside the sphere behind the cockpit to make it “appear“ that there is more than an empty void inside. However in the end I decided to keep it simple and paint it black with Rust-Oleum Flat Protective Enamel, Flat Black Paint. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution. However, I may change my mind.
IMG_1654.jpeg

More to come soon. Thank you for looking.

I have a quick update to share. I started cleaning up the wings of the Tie Interceptor using 1000 grit wet dry sandpaper and some Mr Hobby 1500.
IMG_1696.jpeg

The detail is excellent, however there are some rough spots left over from the 3D printing process. Nothing a little Mr Hobby can’t fix.
IMG_1693.jpeg

More to come soon. Thanks for looking.

I have a quick update to share. I gave the fuselage of the Tie Interceptor a coat of Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Satin Slate Blue Enamel Paint, and I noticed some surface irregularities that I wanted to correct. After letting the paint dry for a few days, I buffed out the imperfections with some 1000 grit wet dry sandpaper.
IMG_1840.jpeg

……..Then I gave the fuselage a finish coat of Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Satin Slate Blue Enamel Paint.
IMG_1845.jpeg

More to come soon. Thanks for looking.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back