DALEK SAUCER MODEL (1966 Movie version)

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Folks...

I thought I might show you a little something thats been keeping me very busy the last two months. This 3ft long Dalek Saucer model (which is how it will end up)... Its based on the Movie version starring Peter Cushing as Doctor who.

Its a commissioned piece which is to be hoped will be made available as a kit or toy or some sort of display piece. Thanks for looking and let me know what you think, guys.
The top two images are screen grabs...

Phil

soon... I keep having to change them as everytime I come back to them there's something new that I find thats wrong with them...

By the way.. The domed parts of the hull are vac-formed from the plaster plug I created from the clay sculpt.:)

That looks fantastic, great work :)

I've never seen either of the Cushing films, but I have to say I love this design more than the TV versions! :lol

Wow, this is really cool !

I always thought that the design was so different than just about anything else available. I had toyed with the idea of working on something like the Dalek ship, but have never actually sat down to work it out. I know that nothing I could have produced would have approached what you are working on. It is so refreshing to see something different for a change !

I guess this is another one of those projects that has been helped by the advent of screen caps.

The Peter Cushing movie was my first encounter with Dr. Who. While the movie is definitely aimed at kids, it still has a place in my collection.

Its funny, but I don't usually get asked to make space ship models but I had built them from scratch in the past when I used to make amateur films... so it was a big surprise when I got commissioned to create a large scale Dalek saucer:) It has kind of revived my old passion with scratch building and designing things.

For this particular model I had to create my own blue print first which took a while to get approved and then the real fun could begin.

Phil

Looks great Phil!!! Will it have a working garbage disposal? :lol That was my favourite special effect of that film, I always thought it was really well done but when I watched the film again the other day I saw the wires!!!

Thanks for the kind remarks... Much that I love this model I have to give into my perfectionist side... Since posting these recent pics I've spotted a major inaccuracy... The front engines look way to heavy compared to the earlier screen captures of the original model... So I guess I'll just have to knock them off again and modify the front engines to the correct proportions lol...

Cheers

Phil

AT LAST I've finished building this baby 31" X 23" X 11"... I had to completely redo the front engines as they were way to large so heres the finished result... What do you recon guys?? :rolleyes

Phil

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back