Scale Model Internal Structure

CosmicQuest

Hey friends. I have been trying to come up with ideas for the best internal structure for my scratch built scale ships. I want to be able to mount them for possible green screen work, in the future, but haven't been able to find good pictures or video of the best way to go about making the internal structures. What methods do you all recommend for this process? Thank you kindly for any information you can send my way :)

Hey CosmicQuest, that's a bit of an open ended question.

How large are the models that you propose building?

The structure will often be dictated by the size. I'd suggest the larger the model the more complicated the armature would be.

Hey CosmicQuest, that's a bit of an open ended question.

How large are the models that you propose building?

The structure will often be dictated by the size. I'd suggest the larger the model the more complicated the armature would be.
Hey Bjorn. To be honest, they will typically be in the N-cale to HO-scale range. So the largest ship I will likely build will be in the 24" long range. So not huge. It's definitely possible however that I could build something much bigger in the future as my work space allows :) Thank you for your input!!

If you're on Facebook, I have albums full of photos showing how I design and build models, several for filming:

Awesome! Thank you Charles. I will totally go check out your page.

If you're on Facebook, I have albums full of photos showing how I design and build models, several for filming:

I started checking out your photos. Looking pretty cool. Thanks again for the tip!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back