STAR WARS "Millennium Falcon" - 1/72 by Fine Molds / Revell, LEDs & more

elmarriachi

Hello,

my Millennium Falcon in scale 1/72 by Fine Molds / Revell (Master Class) is finished.

The wonderful kit (more then 900 parts, great details!) receivied some clear blue resin made engine units and replacements for the exhaust nozzles. Further 3D-printed parts for the laser cannons and docking ports left/right and the cockpit.

The photo etched parts from Paragrafix were used inside and outside as well and bring in some further great details.

For the illumination I have used a blue LED-stripe for the engine, installed in a all around closed light box. Bright white and warm white LEDs and red LEDs are used on the outside of the ship, blinking fibreoptics and a blue "under floor" illumination in the cockpit.

The base is a picture frame with a wooden plate on top, an aluminium pipe glued inside. The Falcon is removable. All wiring is under the base/inside the base, the cables run through the aluminium pipe from the ship under the base.

Two switches on the side of the base (engine and other LEDs) swich the illumination on/off.

I hope that you like the finished Falcon!

p7izh9hn.jpg

5wf5jbdo.jpg

hey8za2d.jpg

kbbopzhs.jpg

b3xvwfg4.jpg

hpp5qkxh.jpg

qnxr4ho3.jpg

e8rqj6rm.jpg

f7pbm8on.jpg

kuhb2hxk.jpg

f7pbm8on.jpg

2clu3f3d.jpg

ueykowr6.jpg

az6bvuh6.jpg

q9y86rpd.jpg

rhfy2iwb.jpg

78t8dm6h.jpg

lakufe76.jpg

cbz4874j.jpg

wyv8migp.jpg

x4c8fz8i.jpg

lts8f9uz.jpg

ospoju9o.jpg

ywlk2m99.jpg

g3etltep.jpg

5xowlxn3.jpg

y9r8d2ow.jpg

h33hq5sf.jpg

znwdqcv4.jpg

5xrwmk9u.jpg

uan5xdf3.jpg

dvg6c3xn.jpg

pyc3plf7.jpg

I have enjoyed this project very much and I am shure that it was not my last Star Wars kit with illumination.

Cheers,
Micha

Awesome work. Just for curiosity: how you connect the rod inside the model to give it that inclination?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back