Star Destroyer new and improved images!

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
After white balance correction. Engines are still blue though! These reflect the final look of this model.

269A0787aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0786aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0785aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0783aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0782aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0780aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0777aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0776aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0773aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0771aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0770aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0768aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0766aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0765aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0764aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0762aa by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

She's a beauty! I wish there was an LED blue bulb somewhere between white, and this blue. I scanned through your link to your main album, great choice on the warm whites for the windows. I am so tired of seeing that cool blue that everyone uses for their windows. This looks much better!

One of the biggest issues I had on my Falcon cockpit was trimming the LEDs flush without doing damage to the paint work, seems like you did a super clean job here. Do you care to share how you trimmed them down?

I am totally stealing your art pencil technique for the panel lines when I do my ZSD...should be here this week!

As I hope I conveyed in your other thread, I really like the results of your model. I especially like the panel penciling and the warm lights in the windows.

Makes me want to pick one of these up myself!

--Alex

These photos look much better! Can the engine lights get brighter?

What is the tool from MicroMark? Is it a knife?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The tool is a mini or a micro chisel. Really handy. The engine lights can be made brighter with the remote. It can get really bright! Thanks for looking!

That looks just fantastic! Really professional from what I can tell as a total noob :lol I'd be really interested in how long did it take you to make this whole thing? Looks like a ****-ton of work to me!! That must've taken ages fo finish!

That looks just fantastic! Really professional from what I can tell as a total noob :lol I'd be really interested in how long did it take you to make this whole thing? Looks like a ****-ton of work to me!! That must've taken ages fo finish!

It took me about three months, working at least 2 evenings per week and on the weekends. It was time consuming and new terrain for me since Ive never done any FO work up until this time.

Thanks for the kind words!

It took me about three months, working at least 2 evenings per week and on the weekends. It was time consuming and new terrain for me since Ive never done any FO work up until this time.

Thanks for the kind words!

No problem! I really respect and appreciate such hard work! For your first FO it looks absolutely fantastic, srsly, I thought you were a professional, it certainly looks like it's done by a professional from what I can tell as a total beginner at this. I'm already 26 and I wonder if I can pull that off cause I've never done anything like that before but I really want to try, because I want to express my love for the many fandoms I have :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back