And yet another....Niart's Zvezda Star Destroyer WIP

I got my docking bay in and I'm pretty happy with it. I did have to trim the port hangar bay back slightly.I didn't count on the kit's plastic being as thick as it is in that area. I probably could have thinned the lip instead but it was easier to just trim the bay. Here it is set in place with a preliminary paint coat on it.

IMAG1069_zpsstgjsfbb.jpg

IMAG1070_zpsegaridvm.jpg

IMAG1071_zpshug0bsk6.jpg

IMAG1073_zpsg4fkbzic.jpg

Bill

If I do another build when Revell releases it here stateside, I will definitely get this. I've already invested hours in detailing the main bay in the kit piece, so I'm going to keep at it.

Such much good! $45 for a 2" part but....so.....preeeeeetttttyyyyyyyy....must...buy....
How much surgery did you have to do to the kit to get it to sit properly?

Sorry about not getting back to you guys on this, I've been pretty busy with life and such. Getting the bay to fit wasn't too hard. I removed the bay that was there and had to sand down the existing raised lip. There was a little extra cutting along the front edge to get it to sit in flush but overall fairly simple addition.

Don't know if it's the best but I just use super glue. I think it's Gorilla brand if I recall.

I do have a small update. I've been adding the fiber optics and decided to use Gator white glue to hold them in place. It seems to do a good job and doesn't effect the fibers. My attempt isn't anywhere as neat as the others but I'm learning.

IMAG1177_zpsrnb8pqiw.jpg

IMAG1178_zpslzinunga.jpg

IMAG1179_zps5jgpg52q.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Bill

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back