Star Destroyer by Zvezda: in my workbench

That looks terrific - on the 'to-do' list for sure now! Are you going to go back over it with a white spray after you're done, or leave it as is?

This is looking very nice. Really liking the look of the panel lines. Well worth the time to trace them in with the art pencil. I also like the grey tone of the primer.

Question: How are you filling in the seam of the front and back half's through the hull? In some pictures it seems more visible than others.

This is looking very nice. Really liking the look of the panel lines. Well worth the time to trace them in with the art pencil. I also like the grey tone of the primer.

Question: How are you filling in the seam of the front and back half's through the hull? In some pictures it seems more visible than others.

The seam is not filled at all. The fitment was very good to start with. I just made sure to clean any imperfections and glued them with Tamiya thin cement.

Really like the drawn pencil lines!

I used to use pencil lines for my model aircraft kits to replace sanded off raised panel lines. I liked it so much I just started doing them all over.

I can second the recommendation from another thread to fill by masking and painting with fabric paint. Fills nicely, excess cleans off with water - No sanding required, no detail lost!

Well, finished the freaking lines. Tomorrow will prepare the ship for some washes, a matte sealing and cutting the fibers. After that Im calling it finished. I just goe a new camera, Canon 5D Mark IV, and took better quality images specially of the engines mild weathering treatment and the famous lines. These make the Nazca lines seem like a child's play! LOL! Click on the images to see the best resolution and detail possible.

269A0071 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A0044 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

What the tough crowd here thinks? :wacko :cry :( :)

Hey, did you use a mechanical pencil for that miserable job? I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with a .5mm or if I should try and source a .2mm pencil, and I'm loving the look of what you did there.

Looks incredible! All the line work adds scale makes the ship look, as our president would say, YUGE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go to the local fabric store and get a few yards of black velvet to drape up behind her for pictures. Velvet doesn't reflect light like other fabrics do.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back