Everything great about ROTS

of course, some things where impossible to walk around.

the obi wan and R2 thing for instance. but, then again, we see obi doesn't always tell the truth to young luke to protect him :)
Love your perspective on that! Never thought of it that way.

Love your perspective on that! Never thought of it that way.
We have to understand that obi wan was not speaking the truth. He was grooming Luke. Luke was their secret weapon against the emperor. He was...a new hope.

He couldn't just lay everything on Luke. He had to make him first hate Vader enough to train as a Jedi. He needed Luke to throw Vader off his game. To cast doubt. So that maybe they could exploit that against the emperor.

It's a Greek tragedy in origin. And that's all in the OT.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All the scenes with Palpatine are terrific. Vader standing on Mustafar with yellow eyes and a single tear also very poignant. What didn't work was the mental gymnastic, equivocating dialogue Hayden had to deleiver to explain his fall to the dark side. He's all over the place, especially when Padme shows up on Mustafar.

Obi Wan may have been economical with truth but what about Artoo? Bail Organa specifically told Captian Antilles to 'have the protocol droid's memory wiped' Implicitly suggesting that Artoo's was not, which means he knew everything. Luke and Leia were siblings and their dad was Vader, he'd even been to Dagobah and worked with Yoda and he never said bleep.

Obi Wan may have been economical with truth but what about Artoo? Bail Organa specifically told Captian Antilles to 'have the protocol droid's memory wiped' Implicitly suggesting that Artoo's was not, which means he knew everything. Luke and Leia were siblings and their dad was Vader, he'd even been to Dagobah and worked with Yoda and he never said bleep.

See, that's not a problem for me. I never got the impression that Luke could actually understand R2, just communicated with him much like you would a pet. The only time they had a real conversation was when R2 was plugged into his X-wing and could use the screen to display his words. Of course, R2 wouldn't tell 3POa thing, cuz he's a blabber mouth.

I was literally cringing during the entire movie. I thought the prequels couldn't get worse after the first two...I was unfortunately mistaken.
It's actually my second most watchable star wars flick.

When I sit down to watch a star wars movie, I pick empire first, then ROTS.

(Obviously ANH is better. But it's too straightforward and I've seen it too much)

TFA comes in dead last.

(Obviously ANH is better. But it's too straightforward and I've seen it too much)

TFA comes in dead last.

AOTC AND TFA are definitely last of the draw...

The only one of the PT that I can sit all the way through. It has issues, lots of them, but the things it gets right, makes it worth the watch...

I can't sit through any of the prequels. I never saw any of them in the theater, but ROTS was something I had to wait until Rifftrax to get through and then, I only did barely. Of the prequels, the one I've seen most was TPM and that's the only one I own, only because I didn't know any better. As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars ended in 1983. Everything that has come since is bad fanfic.

John Williams' compositions are definitely a big part of the movie for me. I'll never forget being 12 and sitting in the theater listening to the war drums transitioning into the Force Theme as the starfighters lead us into a gigantic battle over Coruscant. And that brings me to my other big enjoyment of it. It has some great visuals, and the CGI has aged far better than that from AotC. The dialogue, while cheesy at times, is also probably the best of the PT, leaving a lot of memorable one liners.

John Williams' compositions are definitely a big part of the movie for me. I'll never forget being 12 and sitting in the theater listening to the war drums transitioning into the Force Theme as the starfighters lead us into a gigantic battle over Coruscant. And that brings me to my other big enjoyment of it. It has some great visuals, and the CGI has aged far better than that from AotC. The dialogue, while cheesy at times, is also probably the best of the PT, leaving a lot of memorable one liners.
ATOC was definitely the worst looking of the bunch. The designs were great but it was the first one filmed digitally. That may have something to do with it

TFA comes in dead last.

I've only seen TFA twice.

Once in theaters, once in home video.
There is nothing really THERE to make it interesting enough to see more than that. we've seen it all before.

wooden acting aside, there is enough in ROTS in there to make it on the top of the list.

I've only seen TFA twice.

Once in theaters, once in home video.
There is nothing really THERE to make it interesting enough to see more than that. we've seen it all before.

wooden acting aside, there is enough in ROTS in there to make it on the top of the list.
I think that's ultimately why TFA isn't worth watching again. There arent enough twists and turns in the story. (Much like ANH)

I enjoy watching ROTS because there's a lot going on story wise. There is a massive cast and they all have their own chapters

Did TNT chop ROTS, too?

Started watching TPM yesterday on TNT. 1st commercial was right after the 'there's always a bigger fish line'. It comes back from commercial and they're on the queen's ship heading to Tatooine already.

That's odd. I was watching the same broadcast, and it still had the part of them getting out of the Gungan sub, then the fight to free the Queen.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back