M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

My M19 bolts came in today. Thanks!

However, I had to chase the threads with a die, as they would simply NOT thread into real M19s. Also, the de-burring process was a little heavy and the top was pretty much polished instead of the turned surface look of the originals.

I took care of both, and after bluing they are nearly indistinguishable from the real deal! Super awesome!

yeah the de-burring is necessary and leaves the top smooth ,,, i had a lot of builders using home bluing kit with great results... We screw them in a test plug to check threads,, haven't had any one else have trouble with this but i will keep an eye on it...Thanks for the heads up ...
If anyone has trouble let me know ill get you some replacements!!!!!

PS proud of you scottjua, you actually own a 10/32 die ....LMOL Your the man send some pic!!!!!!

My M19 bolts came in today. Thanks!

However, I had to chase the threads with a die, as they would simply NOT thread into real M19s. Also, the de-burring process was a little heavy and the top was pretty much polished instead of the turned surface look of the originals.

I took care of both, and after bluing they are nearly indistinguishable from the real deal! Super awesome!

Got in another m19 today ,,, its alittle rusty but ok.....
IMG_4636_zps40bmreya.jpg

My m19 screws suuuuper tight as well. I'm going to take Scott's lead and I'm sure they'll fit fine after that. The m38/40 screws went in no problem!

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Yeah im not trying to buy them all but it was WAY too temping.... I didnt have a round light port...

I hope you wont need that tap LOL

I have run some more screws and I single pointed the threads and made them a little (looser) to allow for different hole tolerances.... there on ebay now...

Jeez, stop buying them all up and give some of us folks a chance!!! [emoji38]

I may order a set of bolts as well, and it's lucky I've also got a 10-32 tap.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4638_zpsiiikyhgu.jpg

If possibly be into the brass ends, depending on price. Again, I'm feeling that the m38s you have are right in the zone for me, but I'd go up a bit for brass ends. Not too interested in he prism functionality. Did I say that 3 times already? Hahah. I'm just dying for one of these! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back