TND's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

First coat of primer.

EC1DAE99-FE5D-4A0C-8127-E34BAB06F767.jpg

Damn sharpies .... Have some work to do there.

4E27D4E6-CB7F-4548-9535-6C4C5FFFB839.jpg

thanks for the prodding. i put it away for a while, no good reason, just taking a break. Since the last post, I have completed the black undercoat and base coat of tamiya insignia white. I think its about ready for assembly at this point, then on to painting the details and weathering. just need to take her out of the closet and get working again.

Really starting to look like a ship! Honestly never thought I would get this far.

46769BBA-7FC5-4D4B-8B6B-66E4D87FC36B.jpg

8DE43182-C022-4C74-B5F3-81454CB41D54_1.jpg

7B59076E-891D-41F5-A04C-8DD01C18D240.jpg

though still have so much left to go:

Order of operations for finishing Falcon

Paint
Adhesion promoter
Prime
Black prime
Base coat

Assemble
Install light
Install turret wells
Install armature
Screw together

Docking ring caps
Cockpit
Sidewalls
Fill holes ( elmers glue, model putty vs hole punch styrene)

Paint
Touch up hole areas
Panels ( grays, tan, yellow, red)
Hash
Weather ( oil paint, turpenoid, ) w washes

Stand
Rebuild wood stand w proper slot in bottom for battery etc.
Choose design For base
Decorate stand
Hide battery pack and switch.

46769BBA-7FC5-4D4B-8B6B-66E4D87FC36B.jpg

8DE43182-C022-4C74-B5F3-81454CB41D54_1.jpg

7B59076E-891D-41F5-A04C-8DD01C18D240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking fantastic so far, TND! New to the forum here and following your process with great interest!

Preparing to start my own conversion of a Hasbro Hero, but still in the planning stages. Curious, which Gunner Pods have you used, as I've seen several variations of 3D printed renders available...? Also, did you experience any difficulty with both gun ports installed, when you finally assembled the the top and bottom half...?

Keep up the great work! Cheers!

astroapathy,
the turret wells / gunner pods were from TonyRR on shapeways. I think he's made some changes to them since I ordered mine though. Having both ventral and dorsal turret wells wasnt a problem at all, plenty of room between them.
Cant wait to see your build.
--Den

Looking fantastic so far, TND! New to the forum here and following your process with great interest!

Preparing to start my own conversion of a Hasbro Hero, but still in the planning stages. Curious, which Gunner Pods have you used, as I've seen several variations of 3D printed renders available...? Also, did you experience any difficulty with both gun ports installed, when you finally assembled the the top and bottom half...?

Keep up the great work! Cheers!

Hi theyrenotdolls. One question. What is the mod of your panavise. I'm find a model but they said in the Web that only can carry 3 lbs of weight and I belive this MF is more heavy than that.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back