Building the SS Nice-N-Models Slave 1 kit, build log and instructions.

rpfgoodbye_zpsiwnxelbl.jpg

Last edited:
Well, knowing what I know about the pedigree of this kit, all I did was ask a simple question. I just now noticed that someone has since removed my post from this thread.

So yeah, screw you guys...

I asked the mods to delete all the recent posts to help mikes thread get back to just being a build thread, seems they were a little over zealous

Hey mike where did you get the miniature light reflectors for the engines? What size?

The circular engines are halogen light bulbs. Similar bulbs are still available pretty much any place that sells light bulbs. I'm betting they raided some of the lights they use to light the set.

I haven't done any math to determine the actual size needed, but I looked at some at the store and they looked the right size in my mind. There is at least one detail that you would need to watch out for. There are some with a rectangular opening in the reflector at the base where the wires go through (correct for Slave) and some that do not have this opening. I'm not sure about that copper wire looking thing that goes to the center. Part of the bulb? Rigged by the modelers as part of the electronics? My bet is it was to screw with nerds like us trying to figure it out. :facepalm

The long engine looks to use a different style of halogen bulb. I used to have a lamp that used a similar bulb. I haven't looked but I bet they can still be found.

Last edited:
If Mike doesn't beat me to it, I can take pics of the ones he uses when I get home. He showed me how you just snap the halogen stuff out and let the LED invade the housing. So it looks the part but won't burn the model/your house down. They fit the resin engines like a glove.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back