How do I start? Slave 1 build.

To add to this:

ofcourse it really depends on the Model you are building. And what parts they used from the kit.I didn't research the Slave 1 that much.
All I can say is this, if you want to build more of the SW Universe from that timeperiod, they re-used a lot from the same kits, and from other models I know 8 of 10 times you need the vintage version or at least an earlier version. But it's always best to do your own research and look at kit scans and compare with original photographs. Like Analyzer said in the post above Scalemates is your friend.
Although it's not 'law' some kits have strange re-issues with some sprues updated etc... and ofcourse mostly it's just the sprue you need.
So ideal it's good to see photos from the sprues you are buying...

Not to discourage you! But just be aware and don't click that buy button to fast... I still make that mistake sometimes...
And ofcourse in doubt, just ask here...

I see you where going to buy the 312B soon... that's 1 nice Red center piece kit part to have has 1 of your first. :cool:

Good luck on your SS model building journey!

Week 7:
Finally got Chronicles. Then I opened the package and realized all along I got the Chronicles for the Prequels. Bummer. I'll throw it my stack of Star Wars books for later reading. I checked the price of the Japanese version and I think I'm going to hold off for now.

I already ordered it so I will have to use the info from Analyzer and Dimitri above and compare, but this got delivered a few days ago.
1694621877464.png

I also started sorting out all my to do projects with Evernote and GTD tactics. Slave 1 is part of that now. As I said this is going to be a very long and slow process and I'm ok with that.

That's it for this week,
Matt

I'm all over the RPF and online trying to find the answer to my question .... what scale would the "studio scale" Slave1 actually be once scaled to a human? I saw a youtube video where the person in the vid said 1/24? In your research, did you find this to be true? Thanks!

I'm all over the RPF and online trying to find the answer to my question .... what scale would the "studio scale" Slave1 actually be once scaled to a human? I saw a youtube video where the person in the vid said 1/24? In your research, did you find this to be true? Thanks!
Apparently the Boba Fett pilot figure was modified from a 1/32 scale jet pilot figure, no idea what kit. I worked out the model based on known dimensions and stated sizes of the full size ship to be 1/30. It is definitely NOT 1/24 that is totally wrong.

Apparently the Boba Fett pilot figure was modified from a 1/32 scale jet pilot figure, no idea what kit. I worked out the model based on known dimensions and stated sizes of the full size ship to be 1/30. It is definitely NOT 1/24 that is totally wrong.
Thanks FURBALL ..... I felt it looked a little small for an actual 1/24, so your comments on these really feel right!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back