Rogue One - Bodhi Rook costume (+ identified parts)

Not sure if you've got the communicator in the bag already, but I have this picture of Jyn's from her disguise. It seems to be of the same design

http://i.imgur.com/nBZBJJE.jpg

Cool! Hadn't noticed Jyn carries the same commpad! Nice close-up-shot!
Anyone got an idea what was used to create the grid-effect on the lower left button? Stick-on-film? Or cast that way? The surface looked smooth on other shots, so maybe something under the transparent switch-cap?

Looking good, dude! If you want to get that suit a little more "used", go over it with a fine sandpaper block, and then give it a decent dusting with Ben Nye "clean dust"; I'd use a blend of Charcoal and Ash (the Ash by itself can be pretty glaringly light on dark fabrics) for Ben Nye, or if you can find Schmear powder in 'Rottenstone', that would be perfect. If you shake a bit of the dust onto a wad of fabric you can then really work it into creases and seams.

If there are any femme Bodhi's out there like me, or guys with smaller feet, Diesel makes a boot called the Police Guy boot that make a great alt. They're mostly sold out but one or two here and there. https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1508743/diesel-police-guy-boot?color=BLACK

Hi!
Hunterdisarm did a great sewing-pattern for the spats to put onto basically any boot:

Since I have finally come to terms that the boots are not to be found in the wild, I went about making my own as well:
View attachment 696193View attachment 696194View attachment 696195View attachment 696196

I drafted up a .PDF of my pattern if it can be of benefit to anyone else!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m72tvcryhejob67/RogueOneRebelSpats.pdf?dl=0
View attachment 696197

Maybe you have to downsize them a bit if you have really small feet, but they should work fine in most cases.
Can't wait to see the first Bodhi-girls! Good luck!

In case it's of interest IMG_5380.jpg

Hi!
Hunterdisarm did a great sewing-pattern for the spats to put onto basically any boot:

Maybe you have to downsize them a bit if you have really small feet, but they should work fine in most cases.
Can't wait to see the first Bodhi-girls! Good luck!

Thanks for that pattern! I ended up grabbing a pair of leather pull-on boots for $2 so I'm gonna go about putting covers on them. I'll post my progress on everything!

IMG_2790.JPGIMG_2815.JPGIMG_2817.JPG
Sorry no "how-to" but here is my swing at the Comlink. All I took a pic of all my parts I found from the hardware store (and a LEGO), assembled, and painted

From Disney Channel All-Access costumes video (YouTube) Rebel trooper pictured with ankle straps (may or may not be intagral to boot, Bodhi's pant leg conceals this part)
IMG_2853.PNG

Success! I picked up a pair of coveralls (the exact brand but different color than what I was going to buy from Amazon) for $8 at Salvation Army. It's got an embroidered logo but it's already coming off easy. As soon as I get the stitching out it's time for my first dye!

18848F4F-97DB-406B-B66C-4BD3194E8619.jpg
Here's a rough WIP of my goggles:
Kids/ladies rubber goggles.
Traced/cut a second lens layer from some yellowed 1/8" plastic sheeting.
Cut out holes for new lenses.
Reassebled.
Took lenses from a toy binoculars and filed a bisecting line to give the "bifocal" look.
Added a bead of hot glue to create a rough yellowed bezel.
Weathered the inside of the frames with a bit of paint for yellowing.
Waiting on donor goggles for accurate vents.

View attachment 702738
Here's a rough WIP of my goggles:
Kids/ladies rubber goggles.
Traced/cut a second lens layer from some yellowed 1/8" plastic sheeting.
Cut out holes for new lenses.
Reassebled.
Took lenses from a toy binoculars and filed a bisecting line to give the "bifocal" look.
Added a bead of hot glue to create a rough yellowed bezel.
Weathered the inside of the frames with a bit of paint for yellowing.
Waiting on donor goggles for accurate vents.

Cool! Adding a second layer is a great idea! This way the lenses look more "inset" - like the original!
I've been thinking hard how to recreate that effect (and didn't really succeed...). Yours is a great solution!

Worked on bodhi's backpack this past week for longbeach comic expo. Might have to remake the barrel out of foam on the account of the weight. Nothing screen accurate but its gets the idea across. Also watch out for shoretroopers :lol

Wow! That's really cool! :D I like how you recreated that iconic backpack!

Just a question on your suit: Where did you get the imperial patches? They look like PVC or vinyl - just like the screen used ones. I ordered some on EndorFinders, but I have to admit I like yours better...

Wow! That's really cool! :D I like how you recreated that iconic backpack!

Just a question on your suit: Where did you get the imperial patches? They look like PVC or vinyl - just like the screen used ones. I ordered some on EndorFinders, but I have to admit I like yours better...

Funny thing is they are also EndorFinders patches, I just asked for a pic of them before he sent them because he had no pic on his ad. http://www.endorfinders.com/product/rogue-one-3-5-pvc-patch

wanted to pop in to say thanks so much for starting this thread! I've been also pulling together a Bodhi build and watching your progress is so epic!!

I've started looking for the SARVIP aircrew survival vest, but sadly I can't seem to get my hands on one. A friend who knows his military vests suggested I look for the SRU-21/P as substitute (while it won't be screen accurate, the overall 'feel'? of the vest should at least be somewhat similar?) and look for the straps unique to the SARVIP and go from there.

again, thanks so much for this thread! :Db

Wow! That's incredible! Can't believe you put all this together in such short time!
Just one comment on the cable: I think they used silver-painted rope in the movie. (At least that's what it looked like regarding the way it moved)
Your commpad looks great, by the way! How much would you take for one? (with shipping to Germany...)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back