Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

You're either trolling or using some inane form of reasoning that has no rationality.

First and foremost, this isn't Earth anything. I merely mentioned Alexander Luthor Jr existed -- adding to an already large assortment of versions of Lex Luthor Sr/Jr. These movies don't belong to that universe (at least not that we've seen yet). This is Zack Snyder doing whatever he wants to and drawing inspiration from wherever he wants to.

Your arguments are pretty pointless and mundane. On one hand, this new Luthor is okay because he's Lex Jr. and not the other Lex's from comics and/or movies (because I've heard about so much outcry that Luthor isn't Gene Hackman or a CG version of him). ...but, no one should confuse him with the other Alexander Luthor Jr. because this isn't Earth 3. :facepalm

Dude.

Nevermind.

I keep going back to the 'his mother is martha' scene.

DC has all this dark imagry in the movie. Superman stabbing himself. Wonder woman slicing off parts of doomsday. Batman killing people. an entire congress consumed by fire, a jar of **** on screen. a car chase where dozens die. an opening montage with millions in a city fight dying. a nuke going off.

and the one thing that stops the fight between the smartest and most powerful men in the DC universe is 'HIS MOTHERS NAME IS MARTHA!'

How did ANYONE at DC not see how not only goofy it is, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of their murder verse movie?

I mean....how does a company like wb even stay afloat with decisions like that.

Did you see the meme of Iron man and cap doing the same thing? Iron man is beat up on the ground and he goes "save james" then cap goes "who is james"? then Iron man says "he is my best friend" then cap goes "no way! MY best friend is named james!" then they smile and pal around. :lol

So Im not the only one that thinks CharlesHouse is a troll...Weird...;)

Iron man also didn't go around to ultron and say 'i'm your daddy...please don't kill me'. he just beat the snot out of him and ended the fight.

at least I hope he didn't.. i havn't seen the movie in a while ;o)

Mercy is such a minor character, I don't mind if they race or gender switch that one much.
What bothered me with this one....

Lex sends his perfectly USEFUL assistant, to die. Frig it. Even the Joker doesn't do that to harley when he's in a bad mood, or has a master plan. In Worlds Finest, Harley and Mercy Have a fight... Harley comes back to Joker all dazed and confused, he slaps her lightly saying 'how's it going slugger?'' and she falls down exhausted, and he actually looks not only sad, but concerned. this lex literally sends his assistant to die without a seconds thought, and MAKES A JOKE about it IIRC. there is something wrong with doing that to one of your characters for no reason at all.

So like the Joker shooting Bob, or the penguin shooting the "kids, isn't that kinda..." guy.

Or Vader, killing everyone on his side who upsets him even slightly.

Or the main villain and some random henchman in practically every action film ever made.

So like the Joker shooting Bob, or the penguin shooting the "kids, isn't that kinda..." guy.

Or the main villain and some random henchman in practically every action film ever made.

For lex, it just seemed out of character to me. more suited to the joker..or again,the riddler.

I saw it yesterday. It sucked. I really wanted to like it. The editing was soooo bad. The story was garbage. It's like they couldn't decide where the story was supposed to go. It's like Snyder liked some parts of The Dark Knight Returns and just decided to make a movie out of those parts and just made up the rest. Afleck was pretty awesome. I liked him a lot. Him and Jeremy Irons had a great chemistry. They completely wasted Doomsday. I could sit here all day and pick this movie to pieces but it's not worth it.

To sum up the movie in one sentence: 90% of the film felt like deleted scenes.

Well, to be fair, there's a difference between a nameless henchman and a personal assistant. A personal assistant is your "right hand" with whom you've developed a close relationship - one of the few people you could trust when SHTF. To dispense with a PA is not equivalent to putting down a henchman. Such a move is more characteristic of a chaotic psychopath, like The Joker, not Lex Luthor.

One could always argue that this Lex is that crazy but, in this case, I think it's just lazy writing.

I saw this film being a big potential disaster from the beginning because you could just see how rushed everything looked in trying to get this team thing going before we could firmly establish these new iterations of the cinematic universe characters.

I hate to do the marvel comparison, but we're talking hero teams, so it's relevant discussion.... If they made an Iron Man movie and then went into The Avengers it would not have been a good experience with me. It would have been too many characters all at once and so shallowly developed to the point if one of the heroes died I really wouldn't have cared. Having seen individual character developments through multiple films separate from the team, THAT is what made the team film stronger for me because I got a chance to get to know each character better than just throwing them all in one place for 2 hours and expecting people to just love it.

Was Avengers the best film? No not the best, but I really enjoyed seeing this journey from one hero to many through solo Avenger films that lead up to it. The pacing was good.

I REALLY would have loved to see a NEW Batman Film first, Wonder Woman, Flash (etc) and then bringing them together where it would have felt like a union of friends we've gotten a chance to know to work together in achieving victory over a massive evil force. BvS was just so weak in that area and it was a poorly executed film to launch Justice League, especially for those who aren't avid comic book readers. You have to connect with the audience and not just the hardcore people who know what's going on behind the scenes of all this. I was just such bad storytelling and character development.

The last time I saw this big drop thing that I can remember was when everyone went out to go see Batman and Robin, made that big opening weekend and then vanished off the face of the Earth because word got around fast that it sucked and people were done with it.

I saw this film being a big potential disaster from the beginning because you could just see how rushed everything looked in trying to get this team thing going before we could firmly establish these new iterations of the cinematic universe characters.

I hate to do the marvel comparison, but we're talking hero teams, so it's relevant discussion.... If they made an Iron Man movie and then went into The Avengers it would not have been a good experience with me. It would have been too many characters all at once and so shallowly developed to the point if one of the heroes died I really wouldn't have cared. Having seen individual character developments through multiple films separate from the team, THAT is what made the team film stronger for me because I got a chance to get to know each character better than just throwing them all in one place for 2 hours and expecting people to just love it.

Was Avengers the best film? No not the best, but I really enjoyed seeing this journey from one hero to many through solo Avenger films that lead up to it. The pacing was good.

I REALLY would have loved to see a NEW Batman Film first, Wonder Woman, Flash (etc) and then bringing them together where it would have felt like a union of friends we've gotten a chance to know to work together in achieving victory over a massive evil force. BvS was just so weak in that area and it was a poorly executed film to launch Justice League, especially for those who aren't avid comic book readers. You have to connect with the audience and not just the hardcore people who know what's going on behind the scenes of all this. I was just such bad storytelling and character development.

The last time I saw this big drop thing that I can remember was when everyone went out to go see Batman and Robin, made that big opening weekend and then vanished off the face of the Earth because word got around fast that it sucked and people were done with it.
I'm an admitted Marvel-guy, but I think DC could have made it work. DC could get away with abbreviated intros because they've got such a long history with the movies since the 70's. Superman and Batman are already cultural icons to the degree that they shouldn't have to ever make another origin film for those two ever again.

Until last few years Marvel has been the underdog in the race and their hunger shows with the care and foresight in their construction of the MCU.
DC was caught napping but didn't have to do things just like Marvel IMO. They could afford to start their DCCU a few feet ahead of the starting line. But I get the sense they were so eager to, not just catch up in a single film, but expected to surpass the MCU with just one film. That is how executives think - nobody has the foresight or vision to think of the "long game." So this Rube-Goldberg monstrosity of a movie stumbles right out of the gate.

There's a lot that's actually a lot of good in BvS but there's even more failure that didn't have to fail.

Last edited:

I credit part of Avengers success to Josh Whedon. He really knows how to make a fun Sci-Fi production and rarely misses. In fact, I cant think of a bad Whedon movie/TV show.

http://variety.com/2016/film/opinion/batman-v-superman-warner-bros-superhero-suit-1201749164/

This is “Batman v Superman,” a blockbuster event meant to jump-start an entire cinematic universe, yet in its 13th day of release, the superhero pic mustered only $2.8 million, a number that couldn’t even match Marvel’s “Ant-Man” ($3 million), Snyder’s previous foray “Man of Steel” ($4 million) or even Tim Burton’s 1989 reintroduction to “Batman” on the big screen ($4.36 million). It was a heavily front-loaded release, to be sure: a $166 million opening was a rallying cry for proponents in the face of countless critical pans. But at this point, hitting the magic $1 billion figure in worldwide grosses seems to be out of reach.

*Puts on flame retardant suit and crawls into a bunker*

Joss Whedon isn't that great.

OCD SOOO wants to complete a charlie brown christmas line here ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of out of touch idiots.

you don't turn superman into batman.. and you don't have batman break his own rules.

remember that time when they stopped having green lantern make real world constructs because it reminded them too much of superfriends?

they dropped that rule in animation pretty quick because straight out beams became boring.

I wish they'd drop the dark brooding and serious rule too

Never saw Alien Reserection.

But come on, Firefly, Avengers, Cabin in the woods, Dollhouse, Buffy? I think they all are really good.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back