Greeblie packs for studio scale models - and other random stuff

Yep - cut and not, all over the place. That is Craig's masterful recreation of a classic ILM injection plastic part.

There's a part in there that had me chasing my tail for about a year until I saw Craig's assembly. This is a work of art in its own!

Joe

Actually, no, I hadn't even considered that to be a part until recently. The parts that troubled me were the t-bars. I really thought that whole t-bar/styrene assembly on top was a kit part. As simple as it really is, it's really interesting to see how the t-bar was modified at one end instead of simply cutting it off clean where it meets the white styrene. Pretty neat.

Joe

Beggars can't be choosers, but a sub assembly like this one would be incredibly helpful also. :D (Photo from a Tox build)
wing.jpg

Last edited:
I was only including kit parts in the greeblie packs, not sub assemblies, but that ILM engine cluster that Craig made was kind of in the spirit of them (plus I'm mostly doing this for me, and that cluster lets me easily make my Neisen kits with styrene engine cans). Any thing past that seems too much like making a piecemeal kit to me, and that's a sticky wicket I'm not going to fall into. Someone else can take that on if they want!

I totally understand. I'm loving what your offering. I was just wondering if I might get lucky. You never know.

I am hoping my Open Source Y Wing project will encourage more scratch building (form kit parts) rather than relying on pre-made sub assemblies. I'm also hoping that a few might even deviate form the original a bit. I'm building a 2 seater Fighter Bomber, so there will be some difference both inside the cockpit and out.

The collaboration being shown in the parts map thread is inspiring!

Apologies if this isn't a reasonable question to be asking. I noticed a few parts from your offerings on the Y and was unfamiliar with a few. Is it too much to ask which kits these 2 pieces come from? Thank you either way for a response either with 2 kit names or a no!
KdukTVC.png

Edit: I now see that #1 I was asking about comes from the Tamiya 1/25 Centurion Mk.III. The scan I have made that part hard to distinguish any surface detail.

Not sure which kit either are from but #2 sits right behind the wings on the main fuselage and # 1 is on the port side right behind the neck on the main fuselage of Tie Killer.

Thank you but I am aware. I wasn't asking for the parts kits for the sake of asking. My question did pertain a purpose. Both are also used on the Red Jammer and part 2 shows up at least 3 times.

Attachments

• moffeaton_part_mashup_comp.png
    moffeaton_part_mashup_comp.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Not sure which kit either are from but #2 sits right behind the wings on the main fuselage and # 1 is on the port side right behind the neck on the main fuselage of Tie Killer.

Last edited:
Thank you but I am aware. I wasn't asking for the parts kits for the sake of asking. My question did pertain a purpose. Both are also used on the Red Jammer and part 2 shows up at least 3 times.
Take er easy there big dog! Just trying to help.

I just went through old Y threads here and found out what half of those parts are from. The big gray part and yellow base part I'm not sure about, but the yellow part seems to be part of a tank based on its color.

Keep looking at the available reference for clues.

There are even pics of the efx master in one thread with all the bare kit parts shown in pretty good detail.

Beggars can't be choosers, but a sub assembly like this one would be incredibly helpful also. :D (Photo from a Tox build)
View attachment 620301

Airfix 1/24 Hurricane ( big grey part) and Harrier (hook shape part, the two circle parts are from something else), large brown part is the 1/15 Hummel.
Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And the first setback is that the hornet part ID'd as being part of that cluster isn't from the hornet. One step forward, one step back...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back