Brush on primer?

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Guys,

Do you have to use spray primer on props? I was thinking of doing a large prop primer application using brush on /tinned primer and then sanding to a finish-is this a waste of time?

Lee

Typically spray can primers apply more even and are a lot tougher. Plus you don't have to deal with brush strokes so no real sanding is necessary.

That being said, I have experimented and had good luck with Rust-Oleum's Brush On Filler Primer. (This one) --> http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/primers/filler-primer-brush

Comparing the two, I personally prefer spray cans to brush on primers just due to the ease in application, but as far as the finished results? I didn't really pick up on any huge differences. If you get a good application technique down you won't even notice the difference.

Thanks chaps. Still learning as you can see :) im just hoping i use the correct primer that i can spray onto after :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back