SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion - COMPLETED!!!

Re: SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

Superb work so far! Really looking forward to see how she turns out.

Wow! Are these new engine parts going to find their way into a kit we can purchase as well? Outstanding build! THIS is what I would want in my Falcon.

Is that the Ikea Dioder you're using?

Last edited:

I don't believe I know what an "Ikea Dioder" is...so I am guessing not.

And yes, to answer your questions I am selling the engine assembly as well. Though it might take me a while to fill orders as I don't know when I will be able to print more copies. But if you are interested PM me and we can talk price and availability.

Wow! Are these new engine parts going to find their way into a kit we can purchase as well? Outstanding build! THIS is what I would want in my Falcon.

Is that the Ikea Dioder you're using?

This is the Ikea Dioder: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/

I thought I spotted the backside of the controller for it in your pics where you have a side by side of the black and the white housing. It's what people use to light up the back end.

Ahh ok. No this isn't that. It's very similar though. This light strip is from www.barlighting.com.

- - - Updated - - -

Just haD to post quick. At this moment I am sitting in my seat 55 minutes away from the start of Star Wars The Force Awakens! SOO EXCITED!

Ahh ok. No this isn't that. It's very similar though. This light strip is from www.barlighting.com.

- - - Updated - - -

Just haD to post quick. At this moment I am sitting in my seat 55 minutes away from the start of Star Wars The Force Awakens! SOO EXCITED!

Sweet. Jealous. Hey, record it on your phone for us okay?

Can you tell us which kit you bought at barlighting? I'll poke around there. I'd trust these guys more than Ikea for making this item.

Sweet. Jealous. Hey, record it on your phone for us okay?

Can you tell us which kit you bought at barlighting? I'll poke around there. I'd trust these guys more than Ikea for making this item.

I didn't buy it there. I actually got it from a friend who bought it there and I am not sure which set it is. I do know that there are only a couple options on their site. So I don't imagine it would be hard to figure it out.

Movie was AWESOME btw! Go to it soon before someone spoils it for you!

http://www.barlighting.com/led-strip-kits-s/1818.htm

This is a link to the strip lights they have at barlighting.com. They have lots of other stuff up there. The best part is that the sets come with a remote that allows for changing colors and doing strobes or fades, etc...they are pretty awesome! I have disc lights set up in all of my display cases for my Star Wars collection. I have 6 cases, and they are color coded for each movie. Then I have my toys and collectibles for that movie in their respective cases. Its pretty awesome!

So over on the New BMF thread we were discussing the panels. So I did these graphics showing the panels I intend to replace. This does not include blisters that are missing. If you look closely you can see where I have drawn in some of the blisters with a pencil. I may do another graphic showing the blisters in blue but for now I wanted to get these up here.

Let me know if you notice any glaring errors or panels I missed. This is NOT a template to be use for making the panels. It is very quick and rough and panels in the end would be different shape just based on foreshortening.

Let me know what you think!
LR8cG8hR3cEWIquwJQhVSlyZA=w786-h1024-no?authuser=0.jpg

8xc9r_qkczBrEJ_WngpCs5EHA=w786-h1024-no?authuser=0.jpg

You will notice that Xx2 and Wx2 means there I am making 2 of each of these and gluing them together to make the depth of the panel match.

Also ZT on the top is actually got a few extra parts to make the extra depth to the panel and the hold and lines on it.

Last edited:

Just discovered that ZI in my image actally isnt a missing panel. It is merely missing a few blisters. So I am going to leave it and just add those in. So that makes a total of 66 missing panels.

So I have a dilemma. I am getting ready to put it all together and the one thing still up in the air is how to mount it onto my tripod. I have a Panavise camera mount. I plan to mount it onto a block inside the Falcon. But I am not sure how to mount the block to the Falcon. Here are some pics of the mount.
NPtk009Na8Z-cwD--NX9ZuelA=w730-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

BkEkmkWPQgKzXPcIq_SyiFKNQ=w730-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

sE4IZr9Z9jATYtAzovJmzCAHA=w730-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Last edited:

Definitely will need some kind of reinforced armature to keep that from ripping out or deforming the shell. Plastic is just too flimsy. Something that extends across the interior side to side and fore-aft so the stress is spread out & the weight kept supported.

R/ Robert

Is there any chance you will be making the .stl files for the parts you've designed available? I've just ordered one of these to use as a practice for painting my Deagostini Falcon. And if I don't mess it up I'd love to add the missing details to this one, especially as I have a Flashforge Creator Pro :D

I just purchased my own 3D Printer!! WOO HOO!!! Now I can print the parts I need at will!

Should arrive in about 3 days. I am excited because I have designed a complete interior support structure for my falcon that will allow me to mount it on my panavise mount and be easily removable! So that I can take it off the stand and hang it or maybe add landing gear someday. I need to print a test copy of my design to make sure it works. I will post pics of it sometime soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back