Star Wars Shatterpoint

Analyzer

Master Member
So Atomic Mass Games came out with a new skirmish game alongside Star Wars Legion

Apart from game play, from a modeling perspective, these models are much better proportioned and overall better looking than the Legion counterparts.
They are a bit larger than the Legion stuff and scale out to 1/43 to 1/44 range
That works out to a great size for something like the DiAgositini or a studio scale 32" Falcon as well as the old MPC X-Wing and even the MPC Vader Tie Fighter (depending assuming a 1/24 scale studio model)

Obviously just for model collection purposes these are going to be overpriced since they are geared towards gaming and the packs come with cards and other things for the game, but if you like gaming, or search on E-Bay for some used ones you can probably get a deal. Although the game is still new though, so there probably is not a lot of used lots on E-Bay yet.

Although still, the Kenobi "Hello There" set has 4 models and and typically sells for around $40 to $48 so it winds up being around $10 to $12 per figure if you think in those terms

Currently they have mostly Clone Wars era stuff but have shown expansions into the OT era with everything from Boushh Leia to Ewoks. They also have a Ghost crew set

At any rate, the miniatures are much more "true scale" than the squat and thicker Legion stuff tends to be, and they are beautifully done detail wise.
As far as assembly, they are typical modeling plastic so glue like Tamiya Thin and testors etc... will work fine. There are some small parts for assembly, but overall it is fairly straight forward and easy

Note, you often have the option for most hero characters with Helmets like Commander Rex, Bo Katan, Gar Saxon, Cody etc... to display as helmeted, or no helmet. I always go with the helmeted version

So, here is my take on the 501st

P9181745.JPG

and the 212th
P9181749.JPG

P9181753 (2).JPG

P9181758 (2).JPG
P9181759 (2).JPG
P9181760 (2).JPG
P9181744 (2).JPG

and to get a feel for the size

P9181775 (2).JPG

Yep I love these littlte guys they don't take alot of room and you can ake some cool displays with them as said can't wait to see your next batch

Yep I love these littlte guys they don't take alot of room and you can ake some cool displays with them as said can't wait to see your next batch

Thanks!

I am working on the "You Cannot Run" duel pack.

It has a cool diorama base for the display

1695651933348.png

Here is the base speeder and other parts before assembly
P9251745.JPG
P9251744.JPG

I did glue together Obi-Wan and Vader. In the core set the give you some photo/display backdrops for your miniature.

The Vader figure has parts he is "force" ripping out of the speeder that also go on his base, just not added it yet. It is a neat touch though

P9251750.JPG

One a starfield, and 1 that is a desert on one side and snow planet on the other
Figured I would try it out. It is kind of a novelty and not sure how much I would actually use it going forward for pics, although might be nice backdrop for the shelf

P9251753v2.JPG

Awesome work on those!
I purchased a SP scale Boba from Skullforge Studios and ran him as a Jango proxy last night. I'm not happy with how the weathering came out. I plan to go back and either take it back a bit or go all the way back to green and try again.

It's also cool that AMG posts the full card art on their website so I was able to make up some custom cards to print out.
Credit for the perfect Boba illustration goes to Richard MacFarlane

PXL_20230926_031223651.jpgPXL_20230923_061816303.jpgPXL_20230923_062712072.jpgboba_mission_bleed.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome work on those!
I purchased a SP scale Boba from Skullforge Studios and ran him as a Jango proxy last night. I'm not happy with how the weathering came out. I plan to go back and either take it back a bit or go all the way back to green and try again.

It's also cool that AMG posts the full card art on their website so I was able to make up some custom cards to print out.

View attachment 1743549View attachment 1743548View attachment 1743551View attachment 1743550
Cool
That looks great!

Some of the alt sculpts produced by third parties are quite good

Awesome work on those!

View attachment 1743549View attachment 1743548View attachment 1743551View attachment 1743550
also the weathering looks good to me. It is hard to do very much at this size anyway. Something I find easier than using a paint brush is to actually use an xacto to knick up the edges of the armor while it is still drying

also the weathering looks good to me. It is hard to do very much at this size anyway. Something I find easier than using a paint brush is to actually use an xacto to knick up the edges of the armor while it is still drying
Thanks, it is starting to grow on me. It just looked a little much but as you said, the scale is pretty limiting. If anything I might just redo his lower abdomen plate as I think that stands out the most.

Here is the base speeder and other parts before assembly
View attachment 1743270View attachment 1743269

I did glue together Obi-Wan and Vader. In the core set the give you some photo/display backdrops for your miniature.

The Vader figure has parts he is "force" ripping out of the speeder that also go on his base, just not added it yet. It is a neat touch though

View attachment 1743274

One a starfield, and 1 that is a desert on one side and snow planet on the other
Figured I would try it out. It is kind of a novelty and not sure how much I would actually use it going forward for pics, although might be nice backdrop for the shelf

View attachment 1743275grandboy see
They display so nice yep your bout to get me hooked, very detailed I can't let me grandboy see these I will have to get 2 of each. These mando's look very nicely done Great job

They display so nice yep your bout to get me hooked, very detailed I can't let me grandboy see these I will have to get 2 of each. These mando's look very nicely done Great job
Well the other benefit to collecting these things is you can actually play a game with them. Great hobby for the grandkid and you

Those look nice. I've never seen these or the Legion figures in person, but from what I've seen online, I like these better than the Legion ones. The Legion figures look very squat and cartoonish in proportions, while these have more human proportions. I assume that may be due to the scale. (Edit: I just read through your original post, saw you also described them as "squat!")

It'd be cool to see someone mod the lightsabers to light up, maybe with EL wire or a micro led and transparent/translucent plastic rods in place of the original plastic.

Those look nice. I've never seen these or the Legion figures in person, but from what I've seen online, I like these better than the Legion ones. The Legion figures look very squat and cartoonish in proportions, while these have more human proportions. I assume that may be due to the scale. (Edit: I just read through your original post, saw you also described them as "squat!")

It'd be cool to see someone mod the lightsabers to light up, maybe with EL wire or a micro led and transparent/translucent plastic rods in place of the original plastic.
Yeah these are definitely more natural looking than the Legion figures
As far as the vehicle models, Legion has them integrated into the game, but the way Shatterpoint is played with fewer models, it will never use vehicles (except as terrain)

I would love to light up the sabers. The problem is they are so thin. Probably could be done, just not sure how myself

I would love to light up the sabers. The problem is they are so thin. Probably could be done, just not sure how myself
I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience with scale lighting, but my thought was to have an led hidden in the base and run a fiber optic wire to the lightsaber hilt and replace the saber shaft with a clear or translucent rod (tapered, and sanded for light diffusion). It'd be tough at that scale - you'd have to run the fiber optic from a foot, through the leg, body and arm, so you'd have to cut the leg and arm off to be able to drill a channel for the fiber optic. Since the arms are bent, you'd also need to cut the arm at the elbow to drill out the forearm, unless maybe you just drill through the elbow from the back of the upper arm through to the hand to meet up with the channel from the upper arm, then patch the hole at the elbow.
I realize using electroluminescent wire probably wouldn't work at the scale - I've seen HotToys figures modded with it, but even at the larger scale it sounds difficult. Plus, I don't know if they make a small enough gauge to work. The wires would also have to be run through the arm and body like the fiber optic.

Last edited:
Just found this tutorial on modding Legion figures for light up lightsabers, so it can be done! Basically the same idea I mentioned, using an led, but they put the led in the hilt instead of running a fiber optic wire. And instead of drilling the figures out, they use wire combined with conductive paint, so they only had to route out a channel in the arms for wires that connect to the conductive paint. They still had the cut the arms off and reattach them though. I think you could still do it without using the conductive paint, though, but it probably makes it a little easier. Maybe just routing out a channel from the arm that runs along the back and leg of the figure, then filling over it would be simpler.
I have no affiliation with that site and haven't tried it myself - I just found it in a Google search.

swl01_ga-m_image4.jpg
swl01_ga-m_image3.jpg

I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience with scale lighting, but my thought was to have an led hidden in the base and run a fiber optic wire to the lightsaber hilt and replace the saber shaft with a clear or translucent rod (tapered, and sanded for light diffusion). It'd be tough at that scale - you'd have to run the fiber optic from a foot, through the leg, body and arm, so you'd have to cut the leg and arm off to be able to drill a channel for the fiber optic. Since the arms are bent, you'd also need to cut the arm at the elbow to drill out the forearm, unless maybe you just drill through the elbow from the back of the upper arm through to the hand to meet up with the channel from the upper arm, then patch the hole at the elbow.
I realize using electroluminescent wire probably wouldn't work at the scale - I've seen HotToys figures modded with it, but even at the larger scale it sounds difficult. Plus, I don't know if they make a small enough gauge to work. The wires would also have to be run through the arm and body like the fiber optic.

thanks for that

Most figuers have two part torsos and often have multipart legs as well so the might make things easier

1696173958562.png

1696174047218.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back