What'd you notice about Star Wars THIS time?

PHArchivist

Master Member
Each time I watch, I see some detail I hadn't noticed before. Even after almost 40 years...

Mildly "dangerous" topic, because pretty much anything someone may add to this thread, someone else probably HAS noticed in the past.

But last night, I realized that in the detention block gunfight (ANH) prior to the trash compactor, some of the Imperials were using what we have all come to know and love as the Rebel Blaster, seen in the opening gunfight in the blockade runner.

Last time I was watching ANH it hit me that the coin slots on R2D2s' body are the same ones used on Vaders' chest box (the same type I mean). Also, on the rebel computers in ESB, you can see the switches that were used on Vader's ANH chest box too.

I'm making my Vader costume right now, so I'm seeing patterns everywhere haha

Each time I watch, I see some detail I hadn't noticed before. Even after almost 40 years...

Mildly "dangerous" topic, because pretty much anything someone may add to this thread, someone else probably HAS noticed in the past.

But last night, I realized that in the detention block gunfight (ANH) prior to the trash compactor, some of the Imperials were using what we have all come to know and love as the Rebel Blaster, seen in the opening gunfight in the blockade runner.

Also in that scene,....what happened to the Rutger Hauer-type guy from one scene to the next?
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-8683.jpg

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-8706.jpg

J

Yeah, all of the unarmored DS guys carry them.

Good topic! I always seem to notice something new, though it's usually just a minor detail. I know for the longest time I never noticed that you can briefly see a matte painting of Slave I through a bank of windows as Leia & Co. are running to the East Platform to save Han.

R2's dialogue when he is outside Yoda's house looking in the window in the rain is the same as in Star Wars when he is talking to 3PO after he won't play Leia's message again.

Just you reconsider playing that message for him.
4 beeps.
No, I don't think he likes you at all.
Hopeful beep.
No, I don't like you either.
Slow sad beep.

That's the key to this type of stuff.

Try watching the movie and pay absolutely no attention to the characters or the foreground action. Look only at background stuff. I've done it many times. You will be surprised by how much stuff is there you never noticed before.

Good topic! I always seem to notice something new, though it's usually just a minor detail. I know for the longest time I never noticed that you can briefly see a matte painting of Slave I through a bank of windows as Leia & Co. are running to the East Platform to save Han.

That's the special ed edition, it's just a white wall in the original.

I've noticed recently that in ANH the image of the rebel observer in the tower watching the fighters take off is reversed half way through, his movement repeats in reverse.

What a fantastic topic!!! It took me almost 30 years to realize that the first time we see the Falcon... there's NO radar dish!

Im sure theres more... ; )

Not true, Han hotwires the door to the bunker in ROTJ! They said they have a lot of welding because when you see it you know exactly what the character is doing.

True, he does hot wire it. But why does everyone weld so much. I mean the control panels to a sliding door needs to be welded? Something else going on there.

What a fantastic topic!!! It took me almost 30 years to realize that the first time we see the Falcon... there's NO radar dish!

Im sure theres more... ; )

In docking bay 94? I've YET to notice that! Will have to go look!

My son got excited today when he saw Vader's real eyes through the lenses in the trench run. Old news for us oldsters, but he's just 15...

I watched Star Wars (Episode IV, A New Hope, whateveryoucallit) again a couple of weeks ago, and noticed something I hadn't paid attention to before in the scene where 3PO discovers R2 in the belly of the Jawa Sandcrawler. As he's rising from his seated position 3PO's eye lights go out for a moment and come back on almost immediately, and it makes him look as if he blinked. :lol

I watched Star Wars (Episode IV, A New Hope, whateveryoucallit) again a couple of weeks ago, and noticed something I hadn't paid attention to before in the scene where 3PO discovers R2 in the belly of the Jawa Sandcrawler. As he's rising from his seated position 3PO's eye lights go out for a moment and come back on almost immediately, and it makes him look as if he blinked. :lol

His eyes didn't go out, he was sleeping. He didn't blink he woke up.

His eyes didn't go out, he was sleeping. He didn't blink he woke up.

Yep, 3po was asleep...he stirs & his lights go on, he says"R2?"....the shot cuts to R2 where he beeps back
It cuts back to 3po & he rises to stand up....half his head goes into darkness & you can really see the light of his eyes,....he kind of looks like he bumps his head as his eyes go off for a second

J

As Han jumps head first into the Garbage chute, you can see the blasted 'metal' grill wobble as Han's foot touches them....as though they were made of rubber

J

Haha! Yeah I've seen the blink too. I used to wonder if it was intentional but I doubt it was.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back