What'd you notice about Star Wars THIS time?

Building the full scale cockpit, I watch ESB all the time looking for details, part identification, etc. Earlier this year I noticed for the first time that, when our heroes are fleeing the empire from the Hoth base, HF leans into the vertical gauge/slider panel as if to adjust something. Funny thing... there is nothing there. He's not adjusting/touching anything. I had seen that same scene 1,000 times and it never occurred to me until I thought about where his hand actually was.

What a great topic!

Yep, 3po was asleep...he stirs & his lights go on, he says"R2?"....the shot cuts to R2 where he beeps back
It cuts back to 3po & he rises to stand up....half his head goes into darkness & you can really see the light of his eyes,....he kind of looks like he bumps his head as his eyes go off for a second

J

Right you are, I just looked. Never noticed that.

Funny thing... there is nothing there.

In ROTJ, Wedge reaches up above him to throw a switch or something----but there is nothing but canopy just inches from his head. Not only is he reaching for nothing, his arm is crossing the plane to outside the ship.

Attachments

• star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-14505.jpg
    star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-14505.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 133
Reminds me of this: the turbolift normally has little handles to hold, but they aren't there, so Shatner pretends!

Attachments

• mirrormirrorhd1062.jpg
    mirrormirrorhd1062.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 136
There's a slight hesitation when Obi Wan tells Luke about how his father died, which is like Obi Wan thinking of a way to explain it, which is pretty cool considering at that point in time Vader wasn't even Luke's father yet.

Kinda going on a tangent, but I always liked when Beru says "He has too much of his father in him" and Owen replies "That's what I'm afraid of". Obviously, the original intent was referring to his "adventurous spirit", but with the way the saga played out that line retroactively works even better.

I notice it now but only because I read it here somewhere about the Y-wings not having the R2 units in them when they do there attack runs on the death star.
I wonder if the ILM guys new about it before the movie came out or after. O **** we forgot to put the R2 units in the Y-wings. Don't tell Lucas.

111111.jpg

I only noticed in the last year or so the hieroglyphics on the canyon wall behind Luke's landspeeder while the sandpeople are sacking it.

Red Leader, this is Gold Leader. Two members of my flight disappear in the last frame of my shot, over.

(corrected in SE)

(darn it, thumbnails are in reverse order)

Attachments

• rl1.jpeg
    rl1.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 99
  • rl2.jpeg
    rl2.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 107
I only noticed in the last year or so the hieroglyphics on the canyon wall behind Luke's landspeeder while the sandpeople are sacking it.

That's another thing I noticed for the first time in this recent viewing.

Theories on that? Was it true historic pictographs, contemproary grafitti, or intended production design?

My theory is that it was something historic. It sort looks like older type symbols from what I can make out. It's not Arabic or French. My in-universe theory is that it was a Tusken warning that Luke inadvertently disregarded, incuring their wrath.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps_com-3308.jpg

Visible here behind the top engine of the speeder. Upon closer examination, I think I see some Arabic looking stuff in there too.

Wasn't that sequence shot in Death Valley, CA?
Not for the most part, but if any was, it was this shot and this shot alone.

...and now that I look at it, that wall is very strange. Is that plaster on the wall? Where the drawings are, it's very flat and looks painted, like a flat has been installed into an opening from behind. Also notice a very straight gap running along the corner of the road/wall. Is that entire wall fake?

Baffling. The did have three Tusken Raider guys in costume in Death Valley for the shots with the Bantha. Maybe this was picked up there, too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back