1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - NEW Pics & Vid on Page 31!!!

Howdy...

Originally, I purchased a late 70's era 3-wheel EZgo golf cart and stripped it down to the frame. At that point I had someone cut and stretch the frame an additional 18", and I also had the steering column repositioned.

After Wayne bought the speeder from me, he gutted the old EZgo motor and speed controller and swapped it out with much newer (and faster) gear. He also had the steering column re-positioned on the right hand side, repositioned the pedals, and added a second battery deck. He also made some other adds/mods to the frame.

The rear wheels are standard trailer wheels from Wal-Mart...They were the thinnest ones that I could find. I was trying to get the entire rear-end as narrow as possible without modifying the rear axle. There's not a whole lot of width back there.

Hope that helps,
Jason

I think it will.....I drove it on a trailer about an hour and it bounced around like crazy the whole time. Didn't have any problems. Maybe at some time I'll upgrade it to epoxy.

Since I'm going to be opening mine up, I had the idea of screw a block of wood to the underside, and then attaching the support with screws to the side of the block of wood. I want to run some wires and even a PVC pipe (for smoke) up through it.

I use hot glue a lot, but not usually where two flat surfaces will attach. If I couldn't bolt, I'd go to down with expoy and drill some holes to make sure the epoxy could get a firm grip on each part.

Scott

Images removed a favor to Wayne Ore.I found a few more photos of the speeder during the early developement stages.
While we were taking photos of the speeder Ron was talking to the security guards at COSI.
After talking for a while one of the guards walked away and after a few minutes he came back with a 20 foot ladder.
I don't think a photo like this has ever been taken.

After a while of talking to Ron one of the guards said that toward the end of the day it thins out quite a bit and if we were still there we could get in the display and take measurements.

Here are a few shots from angles not regularly seen.

Lastly is the photo Ron calls his Blackmail photo.
This headless person is me.

After this I took the measurements and created the CAD files that Ron and I used to build the buck.

I hope you all enjoy the photos.

Scot Washburn

Last edited:

Nice pics Scott...

Hopefully this will address any questions people have regarding accuracy. ;)

Jason

Great pics. Nice to see the evolution on the speeder.

Everyone has done a top notch job.

Well....you could dump the whole thing in rubber.......a WHOLE LOT of rubber.

Looks like I need to get working on mine

Last edited:

Well....you could dump the whole thing in rubber.......a WHOLE LOT of rubber.

Amen to that....this the coolest thing I've seen in a while.. Great job!!

:thumbsup

Ok folks...After another late night filled with plenty of measuring, taping, cutting, grinding...(not to mention weeping and knashing of teeth)

Here she is...

finished5a.jpg

finished3a.jpg

finished2a.jpg

finished4a.jpg

finished1a.jpg

We had to make a few mods to the windshield to get it to look right, but I think we nailed it pretty well.

Congrads again Wayne...You should be one happy dude. :)

Jason

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - Windshield's ON! Page 36!!!

Awesome!

Let's get some better pics of the full speeder so that we could remove those tires via the photoshop. :D

Yeah...These were taken at about 10:00pm last night...And with a Blackberry camera at that...

I'm sure that we will get some nice pics (and video) out in the daylight very soon.

Jason

Fantastic!!!!!!! You are doing an amazing job on it!!!

-Chris

Great...wait 'till my husband see's THIS build.:cry

...and I dont care what he says...we dont have room for one!:lol

That's really incredible work.

Rimma

Amazing! that really finishes it off perfectly. I love it! :love

That looks fantastic!!!

Although, you know this speeder isn't in demand since the XP-38 came out don't you. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back