1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - Windshield's ON! Page 36!!!

Try searching for 'high hat skirted knobs' as that would be what it is...they used them on guitar and bass amps in the late 60's and early 70's...try Vox or Fender...I know the reproduction ones don't have the right crown, but if you can find a vintage supplier you'd be set. I have an old silverface bassman in the storage unit...I can't remember if the knobs have that style hat or not, but if it does I'd be happy to cast one for you. I'll try and head out there tomorrow and look if I can.

Try searching for 'high hat skirted knobs' as that would be what it is...they used them on guitar and bass amps in the late 60's and early 70's...try Vox or Fender...I know the reproduction ones don't have the right crown, but if you can find a vintage supplier you'd be set. I have an old silverface bassman in the storage unit...I can't remember if the knobs have that style hat or not, but if it does I'd be happy to cast one for you. I'll try and head out there tomorrow and look if I can.

thanks very much!!!!

Went out looking this morning, no luck. The ones on my amp don't have the proper 'fluting' up the hat. They seem to be about the right size and height, but the shape is slightly off. We've got a good vintage amp repair guy in town, I'll try and hit him up sometime this week and see if he has anything lying around that matches up. If not, it shouldn't be a hard part to sculpt and cast...

Wayne,

I'd bet good money on the shift knob being the orignal Reliant Robin shift. I don't see any reason why they would change it from stock.

-Gary

Wayne,

I'd bet good money on the shift knob being the orignal Reliant Robin shift. I don't see any reason why they would change it from stock.

-Gary

I'll take that bet...

It isn't. It was replaced by a stock shift knob when it was refurbished for the exhibit. The original was missing when I started in the archives, and I fashioned one out of Bondo, which remained with the speeder until the aforementioned refurbishment.

--Don

I'll take that bet...

It isn't. It was replaced by a stock shift knob when it was refurbished for the exhibit. The original was missing when I started in the archives, and I fashioned one out of Bondo, which remained with the speeder until the aforementioned refurbishment.

--Don

Guh....I can't wait till you point out all the inaccuracies at the con on Sat!!!!! LOL!!!! Be gentle master Bies! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh....I can't wait till you point out all the inaccuracies at the con on Sat!!!!! LOL!!!! Be gentle master Bies! :lol

Looking forward to seeing it--and you--in person.

--Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, thats pretty! :love

DSC_0291-tn.JPG

And the landspeeder looks great too! :lol :p

I still can't get over how absolutely fantastic the speeder is!! You all did an absolutely magnificent job on building it from start to finish. I don't know what I would do with it, but I sure would like to own it.:love

Thanks for all the comments! The SWFD3 was a blast and special thanks to philip for letting me display her there. Here's some finals that I pulled from rebelscum. Hope you like them and thanks again to all who helped out!

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

Here's the whole gallery....

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/speeder-finished/

wayne

Last edited:
Forgot to put up some photos of the "thanks" plaque that travels with the speeder. It's 32 x 23-1/2...big sucker and impressive in person IMO :lol

plaque.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back