1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - Windshield's ON! Page 36!!!

Looks awesome!!!!

So I thought I was done till I remembered that there's a center console on this thing.......

I've got the console but do you guys know what the greebly is below the stick shift is???? Is it cobbled together or is it one piece? I need some help finding that knob for sure.

sw_mos_t34_0017.jpg

I've also tried to source the shift knob unsuccessfully....any help identifying these last few pieces would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Triangle button....a hazard light button from a car? Did they have those in the 70's?

Scott

Last edited:

maybe so...I need to source that knob in the middle for sure.

see that little triangular button in that last pic..............that would cause C3PO to take the ride of his life!!!!!!

Great work!

You should put a bumper sticker on there that says "My other car is an XP-38"

DS

Have to add my voice to the chorus--this is absolutely stunning work! Congratulations to all involved--can't wait to see more video.

Dave C

Sweet! Now slap some mirrors on the bottom of that thing and get out to the salt flats!! Lol!

I've got the console but do you guys know what the greebly is below the stick shift is???? Is it cobbled together or is it one piece? I need some help finding that knob for sure.

I've also tried to source the shift knob unsuccessfully....any help identifying these last few pieces would be greatly appreciated!

I think the detailing is made up of different greeblies rather than one piece, as the triangular objects also appear on their own on the front steering vanes of the ROTJ speeder bikes. (Or parts very similar).

greeblies1.jpg

..As to the shift knob (or 'gear lever' as we call them over here :)) perhaps look into Volkswagon cars from the mid 70's, as maybe it was part of the donor vehicle that the drive-around speeder prop was built upon??

(The original blueprint for the landspeeder indicates it was built on a VW chassis, but perhaps that got changed? I don't know...)

Last edited by a moderator:

The original was built on a Bond Bug chassis, but I don't think it's the original gear shift...Although I could be wrong on that.

Great catch on the arrows tho...Those look really close.

Jason

The original was built on a Bond Bug chassis, but I don't think it's the original gear shift...Although I could be wrong on that.

Great catch on the arrows tho...Those look really close.

Jason

Aha I stand corrected, cheers Jason :thumbsup

Looks like a "Hazard" light button. There were round, square and triangle buttons so you could tell them apart in the dark, if I recall correctly.

Looks excellent!
Wayne, that shift knob looks like about a dozen I had on my old '63 bug back in the day. I would not be surprised if I still had one in the garage.
Got a better pic that's not cut off?
Hmmm. The shifter boot too.

The knob next to the hazard switch looks like the cap from a giant marker pen.

The gearshift knob looks like one from a late 60's or early 70's peugot. And the center dial-type knob looks like one from an old silver-face fender or fender-clone amp from the early 70's.

And if you want to bring it to Burlington, NC I'll be happy to help you stage some 'getting a ticket' photos! I'm sure the other guys at the Deparment would get a kick out of it too... ;)

The center of that black piece looks like a felt pen cap. It doesn't seem straight on the wide piece. Or maybe an oven knob.
The rest looks like it came from some weird old car. British 1960's?

In case you haven't seen it, this year Hallmark is selling a Landspeeder Christmas ornament. Perfect timing!

Scott

I'm still having trouble finding that center knob...I've been looking at "skirted knobs" for about a day now and have found stuff that's close, but not spot on. I might have to make it. :wacko

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back