Hasbro AT ST conversion to ROTJ studio replica

Thanks, maybe I can adjust the length of the armour mounts, not sure that it bothers me enough though. Sadly I've made the front armour 2mm thick, guess that has made the job hard for me now.

I just realised, if you judged the side mounts from the first photos then I already adjusted them since then, making them a lot longer.

I'll post some updated pictures soon, I would value your feedback and suggestions some more! :)

Last edited:
Thanks, this is my first! :D I've made a couple air fix models when I was a child, but that's all. I'm just so obsessed with the AT ST that I have had to try and make one.

Toy conversions are always fun to do, and fun to follow along with. Thanks for sharing your progress!

I made 80% of the front gun but its too wide, so need to redo that, it seems the smaller bits I thought would be easier are the hardest... :(

Does anyone know how the eye hatches worked on the AT ST model? I think in some pictures it looks like hinges? There's also a bit of wire that seems to be used to hold them up, but does this move too? Or are they just glued in place?

I made 80% of the front gun but its too wide, so need to redo that, it seems the smaller bits I thought would be easier are the hardest... :(

Does anyone know how the eye hatches worked on the AT ST model? I think in some pictures it looks like hinges? There's also a bit of wire that seems to be used to hold them up, but does this move too? Or are they just glued in place?

They are pinned with 2 brass rods and glued in place on the filming miniature, they can't move.

Here's a picture of the original :

Updated first post. I've added the side armours and given the body and legs a thin coat of primer so I don't have to look at the ugly colour they were whilst I work on them! :)

I'm contemplating making my own body and legs, but I might just make do with these Hasbro ones for now. If I did that I'd build them on the computer first, I wonder if its possible to actually make a walking version of this leg design?! :p Just some sophisticated computer logic to keep the weight central so it doesn't fall on its butt! :lol

Last edited:
I'm restarting this build now, I'm not happy with some of my angles and measurements.The front is too wide and the top doesn't curve enough.

I found some blue prints which I've gotten to scale in photoshop, and I'm thinking of making the templates in there rather than on card.

Love how this is turning out. Keep adding pictures but I would find it better if you added new pics to new posts and not edit the first. That's just me though.

I'm restarting this build now, I'm not happy with some of my angles and measurements.The front is too wide and the top doesn't curve enough.

I found some blue prints which I've gotten to scale in photoshop, and I'm thinking of making the templates in there rather than on card.

Not sure what blueprints you've found (AFAIK there is no accurate blueprints), but dont use these ones

Star-Wars-All-Terrain-Scout-Transport-Blueprint.gif

They're not accurate to any of the Scout Walkers, these are a mix of the TESB, ROTJ go motion and pyro AT-ST. All wrong !

- - - Updated - - -

To reply to your PM, the best refs can be found here :

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/toromodel/tags/atst/

You probably already go them I guess.

Not sure what blueprints you've found (AFAIK there is no accurate blueprints), but dont use these ones

http://cdn.silodrome.com/wp-content...ars-All-Terrain-Scout-Transport-Blueprint.gif

They're not accurate to any of the Scout Walkers, these are a mix of the TESB, ROTJ go motion and pyro AT-ST. All wrong !

- - - Updated - - -

To reply to your PM, the best refs can be found here :

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/toromodel/tags/atst/

You probably already go them I guess.

Yeah they were the ones I found, I thought the legs were too long but the head was a good guide, thanks for letting me know before I got started.

Sadly, I found that toromodel link after I had started my current head, so I noticed some bits were wrong. I'll probably use this mostly now.

I am struggling to get a clear picture of the head length and the amount of top curve from front to back. I was going to rely on those blueprints to give me a great understanding of that. Does anyone have any dead side view pictures of the head in relation with the tosro? And maybe a top down that isn't angled as much as all the public pictures I can find?

Last edited:
I've made a new template for the front and side. I've started drinking beer so will stop now, or my lines will all be wonky. But how does this look?

IMG_20150126_221626~2.jpg

Looks like I need to reduce the width at the top by about 5 millimetres.

Edit: This is old, I've made new templates from this that I am happy with and I have started using in build.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back