AT-ST: Between two logs (FINISHED)

Unsure if you can modify it, but lighting up the cotton balls with lights creates a very convincing effect.

TazMan2000
I know, but I do not even have the money right now to even try and figure it out.
The cotton balls are pretty small, and the glue made them somewhat hard, so not really sure how to even go about it, hiding wires, batteries and anything like that.

I know, but I do not even have the money right now to even try and figure it out.
The cotton balls are pretty small, and the glue made them somewhat hard, so not really sure how to even go about it, hiding wires, batteries and anything like that.

Yeah...it does take a bit of pre-planning. If ever you decide to redo it, you could find a way to snake the power down the middle of the leg or behind it where it wouldn't be seen by by the observer at the angle you wanted the observer to see the diorama, then overpaint with the colour of the AT-ST. The TOS enterprise had power cables on the left hand side but since the camera angle never showed it, nobody ever suspected.

TazMan2000

Looking good and, as Taz said, the lighting takes pre-planning for sure; some are using fiber optic for the flying sparks.(y)(y)
I actually thought of fiber optic, but just didn't have any good means to power it, so the reason fishing string with the tips painted was the closest I could do, without actual lights.
I have a few more hardened cotton balls, just need to now paint them.
All last week was super rainy, but today is looking pretty nice.

Of all the new explosions I made, this one looks like crab claws...weird.
So getting it all put together. Probably have to touch up a few spots with paint, and I think I'll be done.
So then I'll break out the good camera snd take a bunch of pics for the final.
1000014077.jpg

And FINISHED!!!!!
That ended up taking way longer than I expected....of course, the holidays got in the way a bit.
I'm happy with how it turned out and glad to be done.

P1010087.JPG

A little darker.
P1010089.JPG

P1010090.JPG

P1010092.JPG

P1010093.JPG

P1010096.JPG

P1010097.JPG

P1010098.JPG

P1010103.JPG

P1010105.JPG

P1010107.JPG

P1010109.JPG

P1010111.JPG

Comparing, even though the angle and exact frame are not perfect.
AT-STcompare.jpg

My amazing bathroom setup. The black material is a felt, and having two cats....EVERYTHING sticks to it.
20240302_095157.jpg

So for at least now, I'll put it here. But the cats like to jump up here. Trying to get them to not do that.
20240302_095745.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back