A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie

"Third world shanty town" just kills me, Birdie.

Who runs shanty town?

master-blaster.jpg

We all know they planted the seeds for 3 and 4 being a dream back in '92 - the Sulaco logo magically turning from black to white, the complete redesign of the hyper sleep pods - all just constructs in Ripley's head ;)

Say, wasn't the sleep pods the same design from the Nostromo in the first film? Because they do look quite a bit alike.

Say, wasn't the sleep pods the same design from the Nostromo in the first film? Because they do look quite a bit alike.

Supposedly David Fincher liked the design of the pods better in the first movie so he chose to go with that instead of the more industrial strength pods seen in Aliens, a stupid decision in my opinion but then I didn't much care for the changes that were made to the aliens themselves from the first to the second movies. It would be nice if directors of sequels would concentrate on the story and characters and leave established designs alone.

Supposedly David Fincher liked the design of the pods better in the first movie so he chose to go with that instead of the more industrial strength pods seen in Aliens, a stupid decision in my opinion but then I didn't much care for the changes that were made to the aliens themselves from the first to the second movies. It would be nice if directors of sequels would concentrate on the story and characters and leave established designs alone.

Well, the reason why I ask because of the idea of Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection being a dream, and that the reason why the pods have the same design as those as the Nostromo is because Ripley remembers the pods from the Nostromo and her subconscious pulled that detail from memory to use in her dream.

Also, from what I read, Fincher actually wasn't involved with the pre-production phase of the film, but was brought in shortly before the shoot and he left after the production completed filming. This means he had no involvement with the production before or after he filmed the movie, thus the designs were not his (I suspect they may have been signed off by Vincent Ward back when he was in the director's chair, which includes the sets being constructed back when the story was originally meant to take place on a monastery planet per his original concept that was greenlit by Fox). But, like I said, that's what I've read and could be wrong.

Also, from what I read, Fincher actually wasn't involved with the pre-production phase of the film, but was brought in shortly before the shoot and he left after the production completed filming. This means he had no involvement with the production before or after he filmed the movie, thus the designs were not his (I suspect they may have been signed off by Vincent Ward back when he was in the director's chair, which includes the sets being constructed back when the story was originally meant to take place on a monastery planet per his original concept that was greenlit by Fox). But, like I said, that's what I've read and could be wrong.

Ah maybe it was Ward who liked the pod design from Alien, its hard to keep track of with so many writers and directors coming and going before they even began filming.

Well since Ripley got older and the aliens, the name of the company, and Jones all changed between the first and second movie maybe Ripley never encountered aliens at all and is still sleeping soundly on the way back to Earth with Dallas, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Jones...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43633
Apparently he says he has enough for more than one film. Whilst I am pleased we are revisiting the series with added xenomorph I've got to say the Siggy in an alien suit artwork looks faintly ridiculous. I applaud the return of Hicks and hopefully the Marines but lets move on and see some armour and weaponry development. Mr B needs to get this story properly sorted , and I do mean SORTED.

I'd think so. I think the real question will be whether Chappie does decent box office in its opening and 2nd weekends.

Sappy Chappie :( Best wishes to Alien 5 though! District 9 was a fun one, but I hated Elysium and thought it was borderline laughable, especially the climax.

A lot of those reviews cite poor plotting and terrible dialogue and acting, flaws that were also pretty glaring in Elysium. I would say that's a pretty big concern. I loved D9 and thought Elysium was meh. I want to make my own mind up about Chappie, but the reviews are certainly worrying.

I'm not sure that any conclusion can be drawn in regards to a new Alien film based on any of this, to be honest.

I love D9 but I found Elysium pointless and Jody Fosters character one of the most underwritten and one dimensional characters I have ever seen. I think he caught lightning in a bottle with D9 and the entertainment industry jumped the gun a bit when giving him the keys to the kingdom.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back