Full Size TOS Colonial Viper in aluminium

Haha!! Tell me about it! I'd hoped to finish my phaser by April 2nd. As the great Al Swearengen said, "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh." You'll get there. Just keep going back and doing the next little thing...

Haha!! Tell me about it! I'd hoped to finish my phaser by April 2nd. As the great Al Swearengen said, "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh." You'll get there. Just keep going back and doing the next little thing...

I'm not too familiar with Al's work, but sage advice nevertheless :)

Yes indeed, small steps...

Character in Deadwood. I'd quote him some more, but there's nothing else I can use that won't get censored. :p

Al Swearengen.jpg

Happy to share with like minded people. I wanted to document the build as best I could in photos and hopefully inspire other builders.

I would love to see full size versions of the many other sci fi fighter ships, eg x-wing, a-wing, buck rogers Thunderfighter, etc.

Very nice work. Aluminum is not an easy medium to work with, as I'm sure your finding out. But as long as you stay away from welding it, it has it's advantages over other material.

here is my build of another aluminum project. the T-47 Snowspeeder.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232411

keep posting your updates . let us see the magic.

That is some awesome metal work. Congrats on taking on a full scale build. Takes lots of money and time. Thanks for looking at my x-wing project. Keep up the good work.

Appreciate your feedback thanks! Vipers and X-wings - there's a big part of my childhood right there. Looking forward to your build progress.

Very nice work. Aluminum is not an easy medium to work with, as I'm sure your finding out. But as long as you stay away from welding it, it has it's advantages over other material.

here is my build of another aluminum project. the T-47 Snowspeeder.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232411

keep posting your updates . let us see the magic.

Yes I've been following your build with great interest. Very inspirational!! Can't wait to see the completed T-47.

You guys have set a cracking pace, I must say. My build is a little more leisurely, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Agreed, aluminium can be quite a challenge, but what a wonderful material it is. I can see why it is such a brilliant material for aircraft engineering. No plans for any welding - rivets, screws and bolts will be used extensively.

Maybe we'll see them side by side someday :D

Jason is using 6061 sheet to skin his plane, which surprised me because it fractures in a brake. But it rolls well. He rough-cuts it, then rolls it, then wraps it onto his airframe with the temp rivets, then trims and rivets. It works very, very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back