Bandai release schedule

I love the Bandai SW kits. I have all of the ships so far. I'll be adding the new mini falcon and other kits. I just have no interest in the figures, which is what seems to be their major focus now. Yes they are doing the two pack X-Wing, but it's still the same T-65 with new decals. I want more, 1/72 new ships or bigger. Come on Bandai, do a big SD, Tantive IV, Frigate, etc.

I love the Bandai SW kits. I have all of the ships so far. I'll be adding the new mini falcon and other kits. I just have no interest in the figures, which is what seems to be their major focus now. Yes they are doing the two pack X-Wing, but it's still the same T-65 with new decals. I want more, 1/72 new ships or bigger. Come on Bandai, do a big SD, Tantive IV, Frigate, etc.
I have no interest in figures

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm with you, Robiwon. I'm a vehicle guy. It's why I was never really into LOTR (and I liked them, so no scolding please). I often tell people, "I'd like them more if they had spaceships." I love Bandai's figures, and I have all the troopers (with my clone trooper arriving this week), but I too wish they'd focus more on vehicles. Would I take a B-wing over a 1/6 storm trooper? Any. Day. The only downside for me about Bandai's figures is when my wife sees them displayed and asks if I'm going to put away my "action figures." It's a deep cut. :lol

I'm with you, Robiwon. I'm a vehicle guy. It's why I was never really into LOTR (and I liked them, so no scolding please). I often tell people, "I'd like them more if they had spaceships." I love Bandai's figures, and I have all the troopers (with my clone trooper arriving this week), but I too wish they'd focus more on vehicles. Would I take a B-wing over a 1/6 storm trooper? Any. Day. The only downside for me about Bandai's figures is when my wife sees them displayed and asks if I'm going to put away my "action figures." It's a deep cut. [emoji38]
Whenever asks me of I like LOTR, I say, "robots and spaceships are better than wizards and dragons"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

hopefully this hasn't been asked before :)

is there a reason why Bandai has included both clear parts and "frame" only part for the cockpits of various fighters? ie X-Wing, TIE etc

is it for replicating the studio/filming model look?

I have googled for studio models for various fighters, seems like some of them has the clear window in their cockpits, while other don't, or I can't really tell

would've love it if Bandai would produce it in a way where the frame and clear parts can would fit together, it would make painting them much easier :)

Yes it is to replicate the filming model's look

If using the "glass" you could just use the frame and then paste in some really thin clear plastic sheet if you don't want to bother with all of the masking. IT would be failry easy for stuff like he X-wing, but more difficult for stuff like the falcon

Most of the filming models had no glass because the reflections messed up the matting process. Some had removable glass, and sometime even a blacked out glass version as well (like the Slave-1 model)

The 1/48 X-Wing has an interesting setup - either the fully-molded canopy with glazing and frame together (which needs to be painted, but has the ability to open), the empty canopy frame (which is fixed), or the canopy frame with a separate window piece installed (which dimensionally isn't much different from the all-in-one).

Similarly, the only way to have an open cockpit on the 1/72 X-Wing and Y-Wing is to paint the fully-molded canopies, whereas the empty canopies are single-piece. I haven't built the A-Wing yet but you either get a canopy with molded frame, or a canopy with separately-molded frame, not sure if both are openable or not. Also haven't built any TIEs so I don't know if their empty hatches are fixed or not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back