Bandai release schedule

Thx blakeh1 :)

with the different canopies, I guess Bandai is giving us the option of replicating the real model and "idealized" version? From my experience building Gundam models, Bandai made sure that every tiny hatch can be opened, armors can be removed to reveal inner mechanical details, and the pistons etc are all "working", they certainly spare no expense to make them look as "real" as possible :)

The way I look at it, am I building a model of (theoretical) ship or of a model. Even when I get around to the SS models I have, I will put windows in there because I build models of ships, not of models. Maybe it's a little like building an F-16, but with painted over canopy and saying it's a model of the wind tunnel testing model and not of the real plane. Too hinky for me.

I haven't built the A-Wing yet but you either get a canopy with molded frame, or a canopy with separately-molded frame, not sure if both are openable or not. Also haven't built any TIEs so I don't know if their empty hatches are fixed or not.

I never seen pictures of the A-wing studio model without the canopy, so it would make sense that they don't include a no glass option

The way I look at it, am I building a model of (theoretical) ship or of a model. Even when I get around to the SS models I have, I will put windows in there because I build models of ships, not of models. Maybe it's a little like building an F-16, but with painted over canopy and saying it's a model of the wind tunnel testing model and not of the real plane. Too hinky for me.

I prefer glass as well. However, given the choice of just the frame or the frame with glass, especially when the clear plastic is too thick or warped looking. I generally use just the frame with the intention of adding my own glass later.

I like how Fine Molds did the 1/48 snowspeeder. They had separate glass inserts for the empty frame

I always wish that too- it's the only thing that bugs me about these kits. I hate masking cockpits! It takes forever and is NOT fun.

There were people producing vinyl masks for the Finemold kits that exactly fit the cockpit. Has anyone seen something like that for the Bandai kits yet? I used on on my FM X-Wing and they were SOOOOOO much easier.

Vader's TIE and TIE mini set? :confused
WTF they come from? Never heard about that... In the Bandai Star Wars official site there is no evidence.

(edit) They say that the release date is February.

Last edited:
Vader's TIE and TIE mini set? :confused
WTF they come from? Never heard about that... In the Bandai Star Wars official site there is no evidence.

(edit) They say that the release date is February.

If anything this is a good thing. They might just announce a B-Wing, or an Imperial Shuttle, or anything else people have been clamouring for, with no previous notice. TIE bomber anyone?

The development of Bandai's kits in size: The size of the spaceships is inversely proportional to the growing figures... :-(
I am hopeful the north American distribution rights recently awarded which pertains only to ships and not figures will give Bandai an incentive to focus more on vehicles.

If I could, I'd give the Bandai planners gentle slaps while saying, "Stop with the weeny-teeny kits (Slap) and American Girl-sized stormies (Slap-slap) and make a friggin' TIE bomber. (slappity-slap) Or a B-wing. (slap-slap-slap) FOCUS!"

:p

No kidding! I can't believe that people at all of these SW licensees are sitting there saying "Okay the fans REALLY want another X-Wing and TIE Fighter. They can't get enough of them, big or small! I mean they are never tired of building these, over and over and over and over."

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back