Bandai release schedule

Actually what I am hoping is Revell goes for the more obscure stuff that Bandai doesn't produce or maybe move on to capital ships or larger scale kits.

I have a feeling they will be sticking with the box scale snap tite build and play sound and lights stuff though :cry

...and then remains the question about their prices... We will see!

The MSRP on the Red Squadron Special Set is 3240yen, which is $28.64 USD. The Amazon preorder lists at $34.95, so roughly $6 markup. With Prime shipping, I'd call that fair.

How different are these from the 1:48 Moving Version? Are they just as easy to snap on with no gluing required?

Correct, these are all the 1/72 Bandai kits, which are molded in color and totally snap-fit. The X-Wing comes with an additional 1/144 copy which is molded entirely in white, but snap-fit.

I don't imagine they'll be told to stop if it's a legit deal. Bluefin is well known, not some underground model company. Hopefully if they see increased sales in the U.S. they'll be more likely to make that Star Destroyer or 1/72 Falcon we want. I heard that the reason Bandai's kits are so small is that Japanese houses aren't as large as other parts of the world, so they don't have room to display huge models. I don' t know how much truth there is to that.

I don't imagine they'll be told to stop if it's a legit deal. Bluefin is well known, not some underground model company. Hopefully if they see increased sales in the U.S. they'll be more likely to make that Star Destroyer or 1/72 Falcon we want. I heard that the reason Bandai's kits are so small is that Japanese houses aren't as large as other parts of the world, so they don't have room to display huge models. I don' t know how much truth there is to that.
That's RACIST!

LOL, just joking. Totally agree ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unless the licence has changed or a new deal with LFL has been done,...Bandai's area is/was Asia,....if the licence has been expanded, I'm well chuffed

J

I don't understand how Disney pushed the stipulations in the agreement a while back, and denying any sales that were meant to be outside of Japan and would allow this. Would this mean that other online retailers would have this ability too?
If this does happen, it should deter price gouging on eBay and other sites.

TazMan2000

It's nice we'll have the option to get these in a store. But some sellers on Ebay sale them at MSRP with free shipping, sure you may have to wait 3-4 weeks for shipping. And at the same time I guess if sales from the US don't increase on the vehicle kits that could hurt our chances at finally being able to get the 1/12 model kits over here as well. And would not help with our wishlist of future wanted scales and wanted vehicles...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Unless the licence has changed or a new deal with LFL has been done,...Bandai's area is/was Asia,....if the licence has been expanded, I'm well chuffed

J

This is probably why Disney shut down retailers like Hobby Link Japan etc... They could not shop around a distributors license if places like that can just sell direct to the US

I imagine this is not much different than Revell being a distributor for the Fine Molds stuff or the Battlestar Galactica stuff or even Revell of Germany stuff.

They are essentially Bandai North America

MAYBE ... maybe ... they realized that the regional restriction was impossible to maintain and were looking for a comfortable way for both sides in order not to loose their faces. Anyway, it seems like the contract only covers vehicles and ships, not the figures (which might change in the future).

There's a lot of weird legal stuff in these deals that we don't always hear. It's like how LEGO wasn't able to release SW mini figure sets because Hasbro's license covered all SW figures. LEGO had to include a small vehicle to allow them to sell the minifig sets. On Starship Modeler someone pointed out that Bluefin doesn't have any of Bandai's SW figures so they deal might exclude them for a similar reason. Who knows.

Yes, apparently it has been confirmed the deal does not include the figure line

Sounds like Hasbro was probably the one who complained to Disney to enforce the licensing back when the whole ban hammer came down

Maybe the licensing for the vehicles is different enough to not cross over Revell license. Their kits really are directed towards a different target audience. Bandai kits are really marketed more for the the older modeler/collector while Revell's are more for entry level/kids.

It's pretty obvious with Bandai kits selling at Barnes and Noble and Revell's going to Target and Wal Mart

Maybe the licensing for the vehicles is different enough to not cross over Revell license. Their kits really are directed towards a different target audience. Bandai kits are really marketed more for the the older modeler/collector while Revell's are more for entry level/kids.

If Revell wants to continue catering to the kid and assembled-toy market, good on them as long as there are other options. I'm perfectly content seeing the Revell star destroyer sitting on a shelf next to the Zvezda or (sprinkles angel dust) a Bandai. The cynic in me, however, suspects Revell targets this audience only because they're not interested in spending the money or effort to produce more accurate and detailed kits. The "kid market" is more or less an excuse. I wouldn't be surprised, if they actually have direct competition, to see Revell start offering more older modeler/collector kits and fewer 'build and play' kits as time went on. If nothing else, I'd bet their 'build and play' kits suddenly start getting much more accurate. That's not a bad thing.

Seeing as the JJPrise still isn't on American shelves (though not hard to get online) , who knows. If I recall, several of the Episode III kits, like the Venator and ARC-170, were RoG kits before years later appearing in the states. So I guess if we're patient.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back