Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Sorry B - I only chimed in on msw as a joke after I was paged! I thought the light tone would come across. I actually tried to discuss the content of your Snoke link after that...

I'm just teasing. :) The Snoke stuff, yeah I mentioned the SWU guys saw concept art showing him being more human.

Westie and I were just PM'ing about this Snoke concept art stuff. We both think it's more likely Snoke will be a more human character. You don't get Andy Serkis to do MoCap and then hide him beneath a snake head, the man can act and emote and they want to showcase that.

To be clear, I don't think he's gonna be human but HOPE he's not gonna be that mini snake man. Hard to be intimidating that short... But I can't imagine why they'd have to do mocap for a humanoid character either. We'll have to wait a bit longer to find out - maybe tomorrow!

The two seater TIE that Fin and Po make their escape in!

Attachments

• TIE-fighter.jpg
    TIE-fighter.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 79
To be clear, I don't think he's gonna be human but HOPE he's not gonna be that mini snake man. Hard to be intimidating that short... But I can't imagine why they'd have to do mocap for a humanoid character either. We'll have to wait a bit longer to find out - maybe tomorrow!

I just keep thinking of Serpentor from GI JOE. I hope it's not that awful.

A couple stray observations, if anyone's interested:

0:01 - does anyone recognize this music?

0:55 - Poe's wearing the same jacket that we've seen Finn in in concept art. Guess it's a uniform? Standard issue Rebellion bomber jacket?

1:09 - looks like a greened-out art dude is puppeting a less-functional BB-8

1:27 - Flame rig on the right, probably for lighting, which is cool

1:42 - the concept art in the background of this shot is interesting - have we seen these guys before? Major character, or just a design for a background guy?

1:45 - Peter Mayhew is the nicest person in the world.

1:52 - looks like one of the aliens from Attack the Block followed Boyega to this film

1:56 - I feel like this reel was made specifically for the RPF. Can't wait for the rest of this footage in doc or special feature form

1:59 - So that's how the Babbajo costume works

2:20 - Red-arm Threepio in the background. I love how so many of these shots are showing the camera pointed in one direction and there's so much live set behind camera. Just a nice reminder that they're not just plunking down partial set pieces and actors in the desert, they're really building out full sets for the characters to run around in and interact with.

2:23 - Some sort of new soldier design? I'm betting Rebellion. Or whatever they're calling it now that the rebels won.

2:25 - Same jacket Poe is wearing above.

2:28 - Dual IMAX cameras in the (we can all agree, awesome) cockpit simulator. Rey piloting solo, ahem, I mean, alone.

2:32 - I really hope this becomes a ride at Disney World.

2:35 - the monitor in the foreground is turned off so we don't see too much of the scene. Those bastards.

2:37 - looks like a scene from the battle on the same forested planet with the X-Wing lake.

2:43 - this shot of the Rebel pilots and the Falcon is brethtaking.

3:02 - decidedly non-cloned STs

3:03 - basically the only character design I haven't been excited about, but I'm willing to let it slide. Plus, Warwick!

R2-KT as well as R5 domes can be seen in one shot. Also I wonder if those running ST with redish armor are the TIE pilots or something new.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back