Heiland Darth Vader saber conversion.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all
Working on a Vader saber now. Have a heiland flash That I bought a while back on eBay wasn't very expensive and came in real nice shape. It had the two-step Hood that i thought was pretty neat but wasn't right for the saber. since blast tech is pretty much folded up and ordering from Parks is sketchy at best I ended up looking on eBay and found a couple of parts that I needed there. I bought an emitter and a bulb release button that came from a Hasbro force FX saber. got a pretty quickly and I got to say I like the parts the only thing that I don't like is that the bulb release but it's just plastic it's a fake button but thats ok. The shroud was a litte loose so I used a small peice of felt used for furniture legs to take up room. Fits good now. Trying to decide if i want to drill a hole to attach the bulb release button or glue it with super glue. Any advice from others who have done this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 212
It really depends on how much you care about that tube haha. To drill both screw holes (and for me, drill the bulb release and button areas) is a lot of work - measuring, drilling or filling, etc) but worth it in the end. You'll grit your teeth because those original holes are so close to being okay. The screw holes are best drilled slightly smaller so you can forcefully screw in the bulb release.

That being said, epoxying it on could be so much easier! I wanted mind to use as little adhesive as possible, i like hardware. That being said, I also chose to screw mine in on the opposite side to have a cleaner front (one hole) and an all around stress-free option.

Also, nice idea with the felt. I actually spread jb weld in there and sanded it down to fit. Cool endcap too. :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi
Solved my problem on how to mount the bulb release with out making more holes in the heiland. I used the old heiland bulb release knob. I was able to separate the head of the knob. I then cut the head off a screw then insert the screw in the knob. I used gorilla super glue gel and its good stuff. I used it like a thumbscrew. Screwed it into the Heiland and it worked perfect. I then cut off two screw heads and glued them into the vader bulb release button. When you see the pictures youll see what I mean. enjoy!

Attempting to Create a clamp for the Vader light saber does anyone know the dimensions like how wide the clamp as I know the graflex ones are about 2 inches just not sure on the Vader saber how wide they are? also how high is the area where the bubble strip goes?

Hi all
here is my attempt at a Vader clamp. I started with 22 gauge steel bent both ends first then wrapped it around a 1.5 inch pipe. The bends at the end of the clamp are more than I can do in one peice so I made them separate from the clamp. I cut then bent the metal the solderd it to the clamp. Nice and strong! I'm going to make a lever and try to make it functional as well. Enjoy the pics, feel free to comment! More pics coming soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
propmainiac, that clamp look stellar, man! It really does. I may need you to make an additional one for me, if you do that sort of thing.

Thanks mugatu!
I realized I didn't cut the angles I needed in my excitement to build it!lol I plan to make the sidebars soon and I found a screw that I will use as my clamp screw.

- - - Updated - - -

Well
Mugatu as far as making another its time consuming but lets see how this one comes out.

hi all
is there a supplier for the bubblestrip? I have a repro one but don't really want to cut it up. got it some years ago and cant remember where.thanks

Thanks mugatu!
I realized I didn't cut the angles I needed in my excitement to build it!lol I plan to make the sidebars soon and I found a screw that I will use as my clamp screw.

- - - Updated - - -

Well
Mugatu as far as making another its time consuming but lets see how this one comes out.

I would be in need of a clamp, too :) looking forward to see yours finished

Hello again
more work on the clamp today. Cut out the sidebars and drilled the holes. I found a screw tgat im going to cut down and attach to the clamp lever. I tapped out the hole on the side bar and threaded the screw through. The metal is springy and if I do the lever right then I'm pretty sure I can make it functional. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Looking good, man. Looking real good. Do you need any measurements for the clamp lever? I don't have a calipers but I can use a measuring tape if you would like that info.

I can never get over the fact that its called a lightsaber....... when in swedish we call it a lasersvärd, or lasersword if you translate directly..... more accurate description? Just a fun sidenote. Great work by the way.

Ok not sure how I missed this but after looking at more Mpp pictures I see that the clamp sidebars are angled! So I either need to make new sidebars or leave as is? Oh well next time I guess! Lol

Ok not sure how I missed this but after looking at more Mpp pictures I see that the clamp sidebars are angled! So I either need to make new sidebars or leave as is? Oh well next time I guess! Lol

The silver side bars are not angled, unless Im wrong. If you use the black bars (ESB), then yes, the side bars are angled. But ANH silver side bars are not angled.

You can check the partsofsw.com page for the particular version of the MPP saber that you are doing for more reference photos.

EDIT: The clamp side walls (that hold the side bars) are angled whether ANH or ESB, but the side bars themselves are only angled (and match the clamp side walls) on the black/ESB version.

Here are some photos for measurements and to show the angled side walls and angled black bars. Keep in mind that the side wall part of my clamp is warped a little from heavy usage.

image.jpg, image.jpg, image.jpg,
image.jpg, image.jpg, image.jpg,
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Mugatu! Nice photos. Am I right that the clamp lever looks to be about 1 1/4 inch long?
ok more work done today. Cut down the screw and angled the edges on the clamp! I was not liking how it looked untill I did that. It's official now , I'm obsessed! Later today im going to make the lever and attach it to the screw somehow. More pics Enjoy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
Those slants on your clamp do make it look much better. Yeah, the length of that lever is just about 1 9/32".

Fantastic clamp man! I never would have thought of doing this.

There are levers I see attached to a valve on Hot Water tanks that remind me of MPP levers... They're called test levers. I think there are different kinds, but here's one like I have in my basement!
IMG_2411-e1384572400937-768x1024.jpg

Thanks! Started as a lets see if I can do this kind of thing and I'm happy with the results so far. Starting on the lever today I think. Like your idea about the hot water valve.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back