Heiland Darth Vader saber conversion.

Thanks. Tempted to refine the clamp lever a little more and actually make it functional but afraid I'll go too far and mess it up!

for anyone with a Heiland and a Blast-Tech clamp - I just tried to fit the camera film case in there as a sleeve and nearly broke it. The clamp lever isn't long enough to reach across with the added thickness.

Would the cast be heavier? (or is it the same amount of material either way) I have a cast aluminum shroud and it makes my saber top heavy. Granted, it's much thicker than a Heiland shroud

for anyone with a Heiland and a Blast-Tech clamp - I just tried to fit the camera film case in there as a sleeve and nearly broke it. The clamp lever isn't long enough to reach across with the added thickness.

I just now read this going back through this thread. I had the same issue! I thought I messed something up. So I am not currently using the sleeve. The Clamp is pretty tight to the flash body as is, before trying to add the sleeve...

Just got a clamp from parks in the post today which I ordered early July and I'm most impressed with it! In the UK so tried JQ first and they didn't have any in stock. Won't lie, wasn't the smoothest of transactions (forum lurker and have seen the various grumblings) but it's here and cleared customs without any issue (unlike a watch from Hong Kong that cost £30+ just to clear customs *sigh*)

Just got a clamp from parks in the post today which I ordered early July and I'm most impressed with it! In the UK so tried JQ first and they didn't have any in stock. Won't lie, wasn't the smoothest of transactions (forum lurker and have seen the various grumblings) but it's here and cleared customs without any issue (unlike a watch from Hong Kong that cost £30+ just to clear customs *sigh*)

Sorry, I grabbed the last Vader clamp from JQ last month because I didn't want to deal with Parks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back