e3 2014 mass effect 4 trailer

Nice attitude he's got brushing off anyone without a 4k screen at the start. Bioware doesn't seem to realize they've got no reputation left and coming off as snobby to those who aren't going to rush out for the newest tech isn't going to help.

Nice attitude he's got brushing off anyone without a 4k screen at the start. Bioware doesn't seem to realize they've got no reputation left and coming off as snobby to those who aren't going to rush out for the newest tech isn't going to help.

At least we know that the developers who were in charge of the camera positions in the previous games are back thanks to that wonderful focus shot at 2:50. Even Miranda would be jealous at this 4K splendor.

Also, Metroid Prime style scanning.

You'd think these folks would pay attention to how they say stuff after all the fallout it's caused ni the past: several bioware guys during ME3 got in hot water for it, two MS employees got in hot water over comments they made too. Bungie's people are doing it too, every time the management speaks in an interview it hits the fan.

Makes me think that movie execs probably say the same stuff, albeit behind closed doors, with the same premise in mind. "they'll watch(buy), whatever we make anyways so we can say whatever we want."

The thing is the guys behind ME3's ruination are gone except maybe one but the biggest of the EA shills left in the middle of this project. Mass Effect died when they fired Drew and threw away 2 games worth of storyline he wrote.

Updated video with commentary by Hollie Bennett from Playstation Access and the man who cut off Mass Effect's legs with a spork and told it to run, Mac Walters.

What we learn from this video.
  • The male and female Ryder are actually brother and sister ("OMG!" - Hollie) who are going to co-exist in the game at the same time ("OMG!" - Hollie).
  • The male character in the premier trailer wearing N7 armor is their father ("OMG!" - Hollie).
  • Taking a good page from Inquisition, environments that you can see can be reached.
  • If you watch this footage on a regular monitor, things would look washed out. (4K!!!!!)

To the game's credit, it already sounds like a lot more effort has been put into the character creation mechanic than Fallout 4. Despite the character creation allowing you to create the looks of both the husband and wife, the game's story kills one off before the game truly starts and never does anything with it again.

So how will this system play out? Will it be the kind of story mechanic where you pick one sibling and the other will be your companion, or will the game require you to play both characters throughout the course of the game? I sincerely hope it's the former because I don't want to go into this game knowing that my female Ryder has to share character development with her boring as heck brother.

Oh, one other thing.

"So we've got the full Ryder family sort of now revealed" - Mac Walters
You dumped Mama Shepard after the first Mass Effect game and now you're dumping Mama Ryder? Expectations on this story are now mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac Walters needs to be fired either from the company or from a cannon one of the two. Nobody had expectations for the game once they realized Walters is still involved, Casey what's his name quit and that made folks take notice but one of the two shills working for EA that told them to gut the game and series being there isn't going to make people want it. I'll buy it used at the end of the ps4 life cycle.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Join the Andromeda Initiative Trailer

"This path began a long time ago. A course paved through human history that took us across continents, oceans and ultimately, to the stars. For us, this planet is home. It's protected us, challenged us and provided us with the foundation to become galactic citizens."

It's telling how much love this preview gives to Earth even though the planet's role in Mass Effect was almost completely non-existent till it was shoe-horned in as the planet that needed rescuing in the third game. Two out of three origins for Shepard don't even have them coming from Earth, and the one origin that does describes Earth being such a bad place that Shepard joined the Alliance Military just to get away from it. So yeah, the first Mass Effect game already accomplished what this preview is trying to convey. Leaving the comforts of humanity's home to take part in a larger setting.

"So we issue this call to the brave, the inquisitive, to the trailblazers of the human race as an invitation to stand on the shoulders of those who came before and challenge yourself to go further."

This is just wrong. In the first Mass Effect game, there were humans who belonged to an organization called 'Terra Firma'. Their whole stance was to ensure that humanity stood against the 'alien influences' of the Citadel races. This preview is so human centric that it almost feels like a political campaign ad that Terra Firma would run. It sends a human-centered message involving a human centered future away from a galaxy that's full of diverse cultures and races.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just face it: without Drew in charge of the story ME is pretty much dead. Those two hacks that killed it with ME 3 still had their hands in this one before leaving Bioware. There's also a fact that in ME 1 & 2 Shep can tell off his bosses and work against the interests of humanity. It's like this is a badly written reboot. For sure a game to either buy used or out of the walmart 19.99 bin.

To be brutally honest, Mass Effect was killed with ME2. It sacrificed all the world building, atmosphere, lore, and gameplay the first game set up and accomplished to compete with contemporary games that were coming out along with it. It still had some flavor of what the first game created but it was severely neutered and short-changed for the most of it. I see the third game as a middle ground between the worst of ME2 and the best of ME1 which created the most pedestrian interpretation of what ME could've been and is.

Andromeda comes off to me as just a continuation of that.

theydiedonthemoon_zpsy40j7czo.png

I just noticed this.

Re: e3 2014 Mass Defect 4 trailer

Let's just face it: without Drew in charge of the story ME is pretty much dead. Those two hacks that killed it with ME 3 still had their hands in this one before leaving Bioware. There's also a fact that in ME 1 & 2 Shep can tell off his bosses and work against the interests of humanity. It's like this is a badly written reboot. For sure a game to either buy used or out of the walmart 19.99 bin.

Or skipped entirely.
Pretty darn unique, the fact that a writer like Drew makes such a difference for a "just" a video game.
Still waiting for plenty of plots to get resolved :(

That always annoyed me in the original game, you got the moon to explore and they even put a Soviet probe that crashed there but it was a generic futuristic probe like the others copy and pasted on planets and there was on Apollo landing site. I know it's not huge but if you're doing that make it accurate. I agree Drew made a huge difference and everything he setup in the first two games was thrown out the window. Bungie did the same crap with Destiny when they threw out the entire story that had been written and reworked it in just months after years of crafting. Triple A games are going down in quality in favor of looking pretty and being dumbed down.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back