Gundam Astray Red Frame

GrimMoroe

I want to replicate a High Res model of Gundam Astray Red Frame. I'm not sure what scale yet so that will come after I rapid prototype some parts.
For now I am working on the gun.
sub-1-1000x1000.jpgRight_Side.png
Barrel Rail Render2.JPGBarrel Rail Render4.JPGBarrel Rail Render6.JPGBarrel Rail Render7.JPG
Barrel Rail Render10.JPGBarrel Rail Render9.JPGBarrel Rail Render13.JPGBarrel Rail Render12.JPG
Barrel Rail Render16.JPGBarrel Rail Render17.JPGBarrel Rail Render19.JPGBarrel Rail Render20.JPG
Barrel Rail Render21.JPGBarrel Rail Render23.JPGBarrel Rail Render24.JPGBarrel Rail Render25.JPG
Barrel Rail Render26.JPGBarrel Rail Render27.JPGBarrel Rail Render28.JPG

Attachments

• Barrel Rail Render14.JPG
    Barrel Rail Render14.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Barrel Rail Render11.JPG
    Barrel Rail Render11.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 66
Right now I am not sure but given how badly I want to hold it in my hands I would say about the size of a real M4 assault rifle.
The full Gundam model I would like to be about 4-5 feet tall...need to figure out what scale that will be though.
So I will probably make 2 guns one for the full model and one for me to play with.

After looking over parts of the model this morning I realized I'm not happy with the level of detail at this point and want to push it farther.
So I am working on some updates now.

subscribed.
Do you need pdo files for this? i got the MBF-P02 G-Astray red but its a bust file and also i got MBF-P03 g-astray blue head to toe with weaps..
Good luck to your build. :)

Thanks iforelskelseyou I would love to have those files.
This is going to be a custom build as I just don't think the stuff that's out there right now is detailed enough for my tastes.
I did a bunch of detail work and added some basic color to the model so I can see the direction I want to go with this.
More pics coming soon.

Barrel Rail Render29.JPGBarrel Rail Render31.JPGBarrel Rail Render30.JPG

Barrel Rail Render29.JPG

Barrel Rail Render31.JPG

Barrel Rail Render30.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah! i love this! How intricate are you planning to make this? pose-able or just a rigid figure? Also If you say it's going to be 5ft tall that would make it 1/12 scale. What are those pieces that you've prototyped so far if i may ask? they don't look familiar

I'm currently working on another figure but on my list of planned projects i have a 1/60 scale figure planned of the NZ-666 Kshatriya from Gundam Unicorn to go along with the recently released perfect grade unicorn :) though i'm still quite a ways out from starting that figure :) lots of planning to do for that.

The 3d Model is 1/144 scale the rapid prototype should be 1/14 but I do plan to change it to 1/12th. As far as how intricate...I plan to make the model look exactly like the 3d models in the pictures...short answer as intricate as I possibly can. The model will be completely pose-able, more so then any gundam model I have seen to date.
Here is the rapid prototype pieces circled in green.
Gun37Marking.jpg
When you get around to your project I'd love to see how they go.

Last edited:
Printed out a test piece in 1/12 scale and its larger then I was expecting it to be so 1/14 will be the scale I am going to work with. I hope to have more updates in the next few days.

I chose to wait and do a larger update rather then a bunch of small ones.
Here are the parts that are currently printed at 1/14th scale.
Current1.jpg20150121_213736.jpg

I wasn't happy with the tube connectors I printed out so I redesigned them and reprinted.
The one on the left is the old one and the one on the right is the new one.
TubeConR2.jpg
I also printed out the guide pins to put the barrel halves together.
AlignmentPins.jpgGuidePins.jpg
81 Total printed parts right now.

Last edited:
Looking good and you're making me want a printer really bad now lol. I'd love to have a Real Grade gundam with the interior skeleton to display in 4' tall model and printing would be great for it.

Be very careful of which printer you buy Wes.... almost all 3d printers are capable of nice looking prints but the question is how much upkeep will you have to do...trust me that matters.

I plan to surpass the detail levels of a real grade Gundam model with this project. Now I don't know if I can pull it off but that's my plan. We shall see......

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back